Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

+1

impeller: srx vs srz

I have a 2010 rxp-x.
    I have read that srz is for the new hull models. I have read online at various webites that say both fit my seadoo, but this just confused me because I know this is not true.

I called impros, they said srz is for 09 and newer. the greenhulk parts store says the same.
    Riva's site says to run the srx
    other sites show the srz for 09 and newer rxp, but srx for all years of the rxp-x.

Can any of you clear this up for me? I want to trust impros, but with all of this conflicting info, it is hard to.

Thanks

+1
    Buy a skat trak

+1
    I think the only difference in the z prop is set back 3 or 4 mm toward pump veins? Which makes it better?

+1
    I control ski's use the SRZ prop due to different pump and the set back that is required. You need a SRX.

+1
    Is that the only mod diffrence in the probs the slight set back?i had my solas prop on my 08px set-back 5mm.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by baba850r View Post
    Is that the only mod diffrence in the probs the slight set back?i had my solas prop on my 08px set-back 5mm.
    Yes...kind of. The oem prop appears to have a slight taper on the mating surface. It also has an oring surrounding the outer lip. As long as you really torque and use blue loctite, I don't see an issue (with the lack of taper).

I just put a micrometer on the back of my oem prop and it's 4.5mm

BTW: A set-back prop loads the pump better.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by JordanF View Post
    I have a 2010 rxp-x.
    I have read that srz is for the new hull models. I have read online at various webites that say both fit my seadoo, but this just confused me because I know this is not true.

I called impros, they said srz is for 09 and newer. the greenhulk parts store says the same.
    other sites show the srz for 09 and newer rxp, but srx for all years of the rxp-x.

Can any of you clear this up for me? I want to trust impros, but with all of this conflicting info, it is hard to.

Thanks
    see post #19 here for photos and the facts about SRX and SRZ differences:

http://www.greenhulk.net/forums/showthread.php?t=184177

Bottom line is you can run the SRX and SRZ with the smaller hub just fine in your ski. I have 4 different impellers and go back and forth frequently.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanfish View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by baba850r View Post
    Yes...kind of. The oem prop appears to have a slight taper on the mating surface. It also has an oring surrounding the outer lip. As long as you really torque and use blue loctite, I don't see an issue (with the lack of taper).

I just put a micrometer on the back of my oem prop and it's 4.5mm

BTW: A set-back prop loads the pump better.
    Yeah i had mine set-back to help aid loading the pump more but also fitted a worx grate so cant comment on specific improvment of just it but i had no problems with it and i would do again.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by jpt7779 View Post
    I have a 2010 rxp-x.

Thanks

Bottom line is you can run the SRX and SRZ with the smaller hub just fine in your ski. I have 4 different impellers and go back and forth frequently.
    JPT do you run a SRX in your rxtx without anything carbon seal issues? Just asking as I was looking at a prop the other day for my rxtx and didn't buy it as it was srx and not srz.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Pete1027 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by jpt7779 View Post
    I have a 2010 rxp-x.

Thanks

JPT do you run a SRX in your rxtx without anything carbon seal issues? Just asking as I was looking at a prop the other day for my rxtx and didn't buy it as it was srx and not srz.
    Yes, my favorite impeller is a 2008 Solas SRX that was setback by Erik at http://speedfreeksracing.com and is 12.5/19.

BUT, the SRZ is the better choice because it is already setback.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information