won't start..need help

I've got several jet skis never had a problem with any of them that changing the plugs wouldn't solve. Anyway yesterday out with family on 2010 yamaha vx cruiser. Rode great all morning stopped to eat and then after it wouldn't start. I put it on trailer took it home and took seat off to find the battery had literally came apart. Which explains why i couldn't get it to start or even get power to make the display screen come on. So today i went out bought a new battery made sure it was charged and ski wouldn't turn over. So i then checked the fuses none were blown. Still wouldn't start. I then checked plugs and since i had them out just put new ones in. Still won't start. It won't even turn over. Try different lanyard still won't start. Checked oil was reading at normal level. Checked security alarm got 2 beeps wouldn't turn oover tried again got 3 beeps wouldn't turn over. Stumped on what to try next. Does ski have some type of switch or code that needs to be put in when it loses all power?

Thanks in advance

Also cleaned the cable ends. Didn't see any corosion but cleaned them regardless just to make sure and still won't turn over

+1
    Have you tried jumping the starter solenoid?

This is how I run a jetski shop in the desert nmpeter's Avatar
    +1
    did the battery burst?..pics?

voltage regulator could have gone out, so you might get lucky and find a blown main fuse, or....

it's gonna make your wallet cry a river.

check the fuses..then open the electric vault to check for damage, if it smells ok..jump the solenoid and see if the engine cranks at all...just for a second.

Make sure the hull is well vented..possible big sparks.

@nmpeter.. YEP the batter did burst! When i pulled the original out it was in two pieces. I didn't take any pictures just disposed of it asap.
    I checked the fuses in the circular fuse box they were still good.

Voltage regulator or electric vault no idea what those are will have to look those up. Also have no idea how to jump a solenoid. I'll have to look that up as well. I know taking it to the stealership i wont have it back by weekend so hopefully something you fellas mentioned will allow me to fix it over the next few days so family will have all the ski's for the up coming holiday reunion.

anyone know where i can see a parts list and location. I don't see it in the manual and have googled it several times with no luck. Mine is 2010 vx cruiser.

Unplug all the cables going into the fuse box, there are two 12mm nuts that hold the box to ski, remove them and pull/position the box where the back panel is facing up, with a 10mm socket remove all the bolts on the back of it. Youll see the starter solenoid, plug all your wires back in and try to jump both solenoid ends with a flathead....

Post your results.

Ive seen plenty of terminals that look fine, and really are not. Is your dash panel lighting up when you push the start button..

Good that you tried a second lanyard, that really could have been it

This is how I run a jetski shop in the desert nmpeter's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by WOOSAB View Post
    anyone know where i can see a parts list and location. I don't see it in the manual and have googled it several times with no luck. Mine is 2010 vx cruiser.

http://partsfinder.onlinemicrofiche....make=yamahapwc

Jumping a solenoid is simple, just get a big flat head screw driver and use it to bridge the gap between both terminals of the solenoid. Itll spark but will turn the motor over . Use an insulated large flat driver.

Thread Information