Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: New

New

Hey, hows everyone doing? I was looking into buying a new PWC, and im completly stuck b/t an 06/07 RXP and 07 Kawasaki 250X. I got my first ride on my cousins 06 RXP last season, and I got hooked. I was stuck on the RXP when I saw its 215hp, but was told by many Seadoo owners they have alot of down time. Then I read about the 250hp 250X and now im completly torn b/t the two... Somebody make my mind up.

Banned User
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by trottlebody View Post
    Hey, hows everyone doing? I was looking into buying a new PWC, and im completly stuck b/t an 06/07 RXP and 07 Kawasaki 250X. I got my first ride on my cousins 06 RXP last season, and I got hooked. I was stuck on the RXP when I saw its 215hp, but was told by many Seadoo owners they have alot of down time. Then I read about the 250hp 250X and now im completly torn b/t the two... Somebody make my mind up.

Welcome to the boards...

RXP/RXT...There is no down-time if you know how to properly maintain it, and you can find all your info here...

The 250x is still a good ski, but its just too early in the season to give a full report...

only one major problem with the rxp and that is the supercharger clutch washers like to blow up, but that is a simple 90$ fix with jerrys washers. Change the washers and the rxp is pretty damn reliable.

Banned User
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by Ty View Post
    only one major problem with the rxp and that is the supercharger clutch washers like to blow up, but that is a simple 90$ fix with jerrys washers. Change the washers and the rxp is pretty damn reliable.

also there is a TON of aftermarket that is already proven and out there to make it go WICKED fast....

Also one is great looking and one is not

As far as speed and handling how do the two stack up? Where can I find these aftermarket parts and how hard is it to change those washers? I have great experience with power adders on cars, by changing the charger pulley would the computer read and overboost code, and would those parts void the warranty?
    Last edited by trottlebody; 04-06-2007 at 12:01 AM.

Banned User
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by trottlebody View Post
    As far as speed and handling how do the two stack up? Where can I find these aftermarket parts and how hard is it to change those washers? I have great experience with power adders on cars, by changing the charger pulley would the computer read and overboost code, and would those parts void the warranty?
    RXP is in its own league, where as the 250x is compared to the RXT...HECK, its the same size almost...

All performance items can be found in the store, by the site provider, GreenHulk...Just click on the ONLINE STORE link to the left...

The site provider can do the SC clutch upgrade for you also...

Nope, no codes or anything...

+1
    The Ultra outhandles the RXP out of the box...hands down. Truely is a great handling boat. Big boat too. If you ride flat water ONLY then get the RXP. The Ultra is absolutely boring, and sucks gas in flat water.

If you ride rough, turn bouys, or ride where Angels fear to tread, get the Ultra.

What are you looking for in this new ski? Play,speed,ride passengers? How do you feel about getting beat by other ski's? That Ultra is very big.... What kind of water do ya ride in?

I live in Long Island New York, on the water. I would most likely be taking it to the Jones Inlet and ocean riding the swells, or in the bay racing in the marshes with all the other nuts. I DO NOT WANT TO BE BEAT on the water. This is why im torn b/t the two im going to take it to the ocean, and race it in the marshes, and the bay varies from glass to SLOP + everyonce in a while i'll have my g/f on the back.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information