Thread: 2005 RXT

2005 RXT

Wanted to get imput on a 2005 RXT im looking at. It has a rebuilt engine with only 8 hours on it and looks to be in good condition. Buyer was asking 4400 but i think i get get hom down to 3600. Is this a good deal? Also, is the RXT good for going out front in the gulf and does it have good gas mileage?

+1
    The price sounds good, is a trailer included? I would be concerned about who did the rebuild, what type of warranty on the rebuild is included, what condition the supercharger is in, how many hours are on it, if it's been rebuilt and how many are on it since the rebuild.

I have a 2005 RXT and it rides great and it does ok on fuel economy if you can stay out of the throttle.

If you find out who did the rebuild, do some research about how reputable the place or person is.

was supercharger rebuilt? does it come with trailer?...If all yes the 3600 is a good deal! I recently sold a cherry mint 04 with only 80ish hours, with no trailer for that
    ETA- typing this same time as post above...didn't see that until after reply...

yes the supercharger was rebuilt as well and it comes with a triton trailer that is in good condition. I confirmed the HIN with the local dealer, who has a good reputation, and they rebuilt the engine and supercharger. As for the warranty im not sure but will call again and ask.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by luzanagpt View Post
    yes the supercharger was rebuilt as well and it comes with a triton trailer that is in good condition. I confirmed the HIN with the local dealer, who has a good reputation, and they rebuilt the engine and supercharger. As for the warranty im not sure but will call again and ask.
    Sounding good so far. I would take a good look at it. Check the engine compartment for any salt damage, inspect the impeller and wear ring. Get underneath it and look for hull damage and/or gouges in the hull. Inspect the intake grate as well. Bring a very bright flashlight, preferably an LED type. I would also ask about the history. I would be curious how many hours were on the engine before it was rebuilt and why it was rebuilt.

+1
    Those are selling for at least $5.5K + around here!

Thread Information