Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

2014 FX SVHO and FX SVHO Cruiser - Maintenance Schedules - Please Help

Hello all,

I just purchased a 14 FX SVHO and 14 FX SVHO Cruiser. I put 10 hours on them quickly and it's time for the first service visit. Dealer is saying the 10 hour service will run 350 a piece, ouch. Oil change, filters, tighten cables, etc....sounds expensive for that. Does that sound reasonable to everyone?

Also, dealer recommends "winterization" with fogging oil at another 350 per machine. Is this necessary? I live in Texas and planned on using them sporadically throughout the winter. I also have a Yamaha jet boat that needs no "winterization", so why would the wave runners?

And then to top it off, the dealer then recommends "summerization" to remove fogging oil at 150 a pop. Am I getting taken for ride?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

Thank you.

+1
    DON'T do it !!! Thats rediculous. If you're not comfortable doing this on your own, I'm sure a fellow Texas "GreenHulkster" will help you out. It's not hard at all. Good luck !!!

3. +1 by:

+1
    I am in the same boat, I have a $65 oil extractor I am going to use.

So the dealer material cost (retail):

2 x Oil filter = $25 max ($50 total)
    2 gal oem oil = $80 max ($80 total)

so $700 - $130 =$570 profit for them.

You can at least save $500 and do it yourself. There is nothing special they are going to do to "tighten".

Winter/summer-ization you can do yourself: http://www.greenhulk.net/forums/showthread.php?t=107308

Just my .02.

+1
    Do a search on the wix filters. Correct number is 51348. Also look up Rotella T6 oil. Very very good oil for very reasonable price. Typically you buy by the gallon between 20-25bucks. Save yourself a ton of money right there and still better products than the overpriced OEM stealership products. Oh, you will need an extractor but once you have that your set for future.

+1
    K&N HP 1002 oil filter also fits.

+1
    Or Napa gold 1348.....(made by mix just cheaper priced)

Is that all the 10 hour service is? A damn 350 dollar oil change? Really???

+1
    Virtually yes. Just look over clamps, tighten them, look for leaks, check air filter ect...really just give it a look over and change the oil. They just do all this while the extractor is pulling out oil anyway. Only replace with same amount of oil you extract. Don't pay much mind to the dipstick as they are not correct anyway

10. +1 by:

+1
    Do you like Rotella T6 over amsoil?

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Cashito View Post
    Do you like Rotella T6 over amsoil?
    Honestly both are good. I am an amsoil dealer actually but having said that I want to be perfectly honest that when it comes to the rotella T6, that cannot be beaten for the value. In no way saying amsoil is a bad choice. I use many, many amsoil products Cashito...but anything I own personally in the 5w-40w category my hat goes off to shell for developing this product. They actually market this oil as a heavy duty diesel oil....but in NO way a diesel only oil. This marketing strategy allows them to keep Zinc/Phos levels in the 1200-1500 range. TBN always comes back very strong on UOA's (Hence the diesel capability), has a good detergent package (Yet doesn't overwhelm the friction package), has the JASO MA certs (Approved for wet clutch), and obviously a strong group 3- group 4 synthetic. Hits all the marks for 20-25/gallon. Not going to find an oil that does what rotella T6 does for the price. NOTE: This T6 is what I am discussing. Comes in 5w-40. They have a synthetic blend on the market as well for a bit cheaper. This is labeled as Rotella T and comes in a 15w-40. I recommend the T6 synthetic and as long as your unit has a good 10hrs on it your perfectly ready for the switch. FWIW I currently run the Rotella T6 in my FX SVHO, Zero Turn 15hp air cooled, Turbo RZR, Rhino, Supercharged Meth Injected Cobra Mustang, and Duramax Diesel (See big, big range here including 3 wet clutch applications). I run the 20w-50 Dominator Amsoil in the boat (Twin 572 750hp Solid Roller Motors) and Camaro (632 Big Chief Around 1000hp N/A- 1800hp on squeeze), Amsoil Severe Gear 90w in all my rear ends and Boat drives, and use Amsoil grease in everything.
    Last edited by LugNutLS1; 08-27-2014 at 07:06 AM. Reason: Added my applications for T6

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information