Seats turn black due to mold when cover is on... anything can be done?...

I have two GTX Wakes. A 2006 and a 2007. Both are pristine. However, when I uncovered them the other day (OEM Seadoo covers) I found black spots and discoloration on the red seats that looks terrible. What do you guys do to prevent this? Would placing a towel between the seat and the cover work? Any advice? I have to store them outside for now so "put them inside with no cover" isn't going to work for me.

It's mold from damp/wet seat foam. I think the seats need re-covering or replacement.

+1
    I had a seat replaced under warranty ( 1 year old) for bluish/pinkish spots on the seat .......... Considering the GTR is a big white seat it looked Horrendous.
    I tried everything to remove it ....... Also you have to be really really careful with certain chemicals as they can make matters worse.
    The replacement seat was better quality and had extra protection etc. ......... When finished with the Ski store the seat vertically .. I actually drilled a small hole in the 2 plastic ends so that the water can drain freely.

Good Luck

Mark

Quote Originally Posted by crueldude View Post
    It's mold from damp/wet seat foam. I think the seats need re-covering or replacement.
    These seats barely got wet. Does that much water actually get underneath the covering?

It could be from the foam under the seat cushion. They can stay damp for quite awhile after riding.

Quote Originally Posted by surfcitypops View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by crueldude View Post
    These seats barely got wet. Does that much water actually get underneath the covering?
    I take some soaker rides and I wash mine regularly. Somehow they do get wet under the cover. This is my second seat. First one was replaced under warranty. I told BRP that I nor my wife didn't want our junk sitting on a mold infested seat. health issue you know.

+1
    My GTR has started doing the same thing this season, going to try and warranty it I think

Thread Information