Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

+1

A little pre-purchase advice please

I'm starting my search for my first jetski and I am very good mechanically. I've narrowed it down to the Ultra hull, for its rough water capabilities and storage space. I would like to stay under $8K. Herein lies my problem...I'm not sure I would be happy with a great hull that only does lower 50's on the nice day (Ultra LX). Several people have told me NOT to buy a used supercharged machine due to unreliability and expensive cost of repairs. So guidance and real world experience would be appreciated. And more so if your pro SC machine, what not to buy. and what would be your pre-purchase check list-specifics to look at, noises to listen for etc. And what if its not able to be sea trialed due to location. Thanks

+1
    The STX (which does an honest 60 mph) has a good amount of storage: big front compartment, small glovebox, and a medium sized compartment under the back seat, which isn't too hard to access when on the ski. Just sayin'...

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by terminaldegree View Post
    The STX (which does an honest 60 mph) has a good amount of storage: big front compartment, small glovebox, and a medium sized compartment under the back seat, which isn't too hard to access when on the ski. Just sayin'...
    Now that they dont have the second water box, you could easily put in some type of storage in the rear also, just sayin...

+1
    And where is my rough water hull?

+1
    The 15F would be more fun if you like jumping waves than a LX NA. The Ultra will be more comfortable in the rough and is more of a luxury ski but is slow and might get boring in flat water.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Jersey Mike View Post
    And where is my rough water hull?
    What are your potential plans with the ski? Do you do any long distance rides or just mess around at the lake/ocean?

+1
    A good solid platform for our usually not calm bay that when needed would satisfy my need for speed....Maybe some of the 250,260,300 guys will chime in.

It sounds like you don't want to spend the $ for a 310 or later model 300. So I would look for a good used 2010 260X if you can find it. I would advise against model years 2007 to 2009.

2010 260X would be a very very good Ski for what you want to do. And I agree with you. 15F is not the way to go (if that would be your only Ski). JB

9. +1 by:

Take the time to smile sirbreaksalot's Avatar
    +1
    nothing below 2010 260!!!!!!!!!!!!

but in real world COST OF LIFE the 300 will be the cheapest for you to own !!!!!!!!!!

the 260 is a good ski, but the refinement on the 300 just make it worth the extra few k

Waz

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by john belton View Post
    It sounds like you don't want to spend the $ for a 310 or later model 300. So I would look for a good used 2010 260X if you can find it. I would advise against model years 2007 to 2009.

2010 260X would be a very very good Ski for what you want to do. And I agree with you. 15F is not the way to go (if that would be your only Ski). JB
    Thanks John, a 300 may be a stretch, you advise against the '11's?...and with any of the supercharged ski's is there anything in particular that says do or don't buy besides condition and compression? Hours?

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information