Thread: Oil jet /05 ???

Oil jet /05 ???

Do you need an oil jet to run 8600 rpms/ and if so i need the thread for 05/ installation. CANT find it,Also valve retainers should they be replaced for that rpm??? anything else??? shims ??? any info's good info THANKS

Quote Originally Posted by ULozer View Post
    Do you need an oil jet to run 8600 rpms/ and if so i need the thread for 05/ installation. CANT find it,Also valve retainers should they be replaced for that rpm??? anything else??? shims ??? any info's good info THANKS
    the oil jet would b a good ideal u want 2 do the valve train up grade if ur going 2 run 8600 r's look into the riva if ur going to turn over 8500 the rr light weight valve train is good up 2 8500

Angry

Holy chit!! I went searching and found alot of info ... Do i really have to disassemble my hole motor for that oil jet?? i read some where 05 was different. Can any one help before i blow a gasket??? just trying to make this motor alittle bit bullet proof, with oil jet and new retainers

u haft 2 take the head off its a little work but u dont haft 2 take the engine apart

the 05 is the same as the 04 u need the rr oil jet & a new head gasket the head bolts can b reused 3 times they r streach bolts ive seen it done once the timeing chane need 2 b need 2 b taken off 2 get the head off the old oil jet need 2 b drilled out with a small bit then take a tap and tap the oil jet out so a small bolt can b screwed in then pull the old oil jet out lightly tap the new 1 in with a rubber mallet & a small block of wood dont drop anything in the engine like i said i've seen it done once best thing is ask jerry aka (green hulk) 4 step by step instructions

Quote Originally Posted by yellow jacket View Post
    the 05 is the same as the 04 u need the rr oil jet & a new head gasket the head bolts can b reused 3 times they r streach bolts ive seen it done once the timeing chane need 2 b need 2 b taken off 2 get the head off the old oil jet need 2 b drilled out with a small bit then take a tap and tap the oil jet out so a small bolt can b screwed in then pull the old oil jet out lightly tap the new 1 in with a rubber mallet & a small block of wood dont drop anything in the engine like i said i've seen it done once best thing is ask jerry aka (green hulk) 4 step by step instructions
    Can i do this without pulling the motor??? What about metal chips??? Should i go with stock base gasket or thin one ??? I Think it will be easier to change the valve retainers with the head off ,will i still need the tools for the valves??? Thanks for the info...

+1
    if your gonna turn those kind of rpm's you need valvetrain upgrades and even then, the riva kit wont safely go to 8600, you will need lighter valves
    to safely turn those kind of numbers

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by seadoo02xp View Post
    if your gonna turn those kind of rpm's you need valvetrain upgrades and even then, the riva kit wont safely go to 8600, you will need lighter valves
    to safely turn those kind of numbers

Seadoo02 you have been really misinformed.

Quote Originally Posted by 1 FAST VE View Post
    Seadoo02 you have been really misinformed.
    yup.
    EMS and above 8600 rpms is when you need to lighten valves

+1
    Riva valvetrain is good for up to 8600 RPM's... been there done that!

If you are a racer and running sustained WOT then by all means do the oil pressure jet. If you are just a rec rider and do a few WOT top speed runs then the oil jet isn't as important.

If you pull your head off to do the oil pressure jet by all means put in a block guard while you are already there

http://www.4-tecperformance.com/inde...roducts_id=494

Thread Information