+1

knock sensor for ULTRA 310

How does the knock sensor for ULTRA 310 (he limits turnovers or turns off the engine if the bad fuel)
    I can't understand the reason for disabling the boat at full speed

Quote Originally Posted by ANTONYUK View Post
    How does the knock sensor for ULTRA 310 (he limits turnovers or turns off the engine if the bad fuel)
    I can't understand the reason for disabling the boat at full speed
    Oh I can . . . I would rather have the Knock Sensor kick in (if it needs to) than damage the engine due to poor fuel quality.

But then again that's just me JB

+1
    What the knock sensor does is retard the timing &/or may decrease supercharger boost with the BOV for low quality fuel, this is a great addition to this ski, I don't think any Kawasaki before has had, not sure though, this way if you can't run premium fuel, you don't destroy your engine, it just has a lower power output, it shouldn't "shut" the engine off, just operate at a little lower RPM. This is an invaluable sensor for any engine, especially for a supercharged one.

Take the time to smile sirbreaksalot's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by RLACEMAN View Post
    What the knock sensor does is retard the timing &/or may decrease supercharger boost with the BOV for low quality fuel, this is a great addition to this ski, I don't think any Kawasaki before has had, not sure though, this way if you can't run premium fuel, you don't destroy your engine, it just has a lower power output, it shouldn't "shut" the engine off, just operate at a little lower RPM. This is an invaluable sensor for any engine, especially for a supercharged one.
    some part of the above a sort of true...as a general statement

The purpose of a knock sensor is to only DECTECT detonation, what happens after that is upto the ECU calibrators..
    the 310 does not and can not lower boost

typically once SOME detonation is detected the ecu would firstly remove small amounts of timing , but only to a limit set by in the retarding cells.............because removing TOO much timing will actually destroy and engine just as fast a .

at this point all the adjustment have happened in a set short time frame....

but if multiple knocks are heard and even after the timing has been reduced the knocks continue , this is when the ski will get a warning buzzer and go into limp mode....

because unless a rider gets drastic notifications that something isnt right, they WILL just keep the throttle WOT
    and melt the engine due to poor fuel quality....

the knock sensor IS NOT designed to allow the use of crap fuel , its designed to warn of engine damage

short over view

Waz
    Last edited by sirbreaksalot; 08-30-2014 at 03:12 AM.

Thread Information