Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

2014 FX SVHO New ski...check it out !

2014 fx svho ...Just copped this summer, thing is a beast stock, beautiful machine!

but already sucked up a rock...bent the impeller....removed the impeller myself and banged it back to normal shape or as close as possible.

Ski was running at 68 69mph on a calm day with a full tank and I weigh 215...it's running about 64 now I'm guessing because the impeller isn't perfect.

I want to upgrade the impeller now, if I go with the new solas concord yv-cd 13/20 I feel it should obviously surpass the stock 69mph and jump a few more mph; since it's an upgrade from the stock impeller..is it worth getting a new impeller this summer I have about a month left on the water and I want to rip it to the max!

Any suggestions and thoughts on overall mph after new impeller??

Any other tweaks for more speed would be appreciated. I have a need for speed!

Thanks
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	261 
Size:	112.8 KB 
ID:	339976  
    Last edited by K447; 08-28-2014 at 04:35 PM.

+1
    The solas 13/20 is a tall prop due to the root angle. The stock prop is best for you....and until I am completed with testing seems to be the best for me too with the list of mods I have. if you lose rpm, you lose boost, losing HP, losing speed.

+1
    Start off with a R2 reflash, cooling mods, FF exhaust (either bought or search tommy Jordan exhaust), ribbon delete, and plate. Should get you mid-upper 70's. Nothing is easy going fast on the water and these are no different. Cavitation will be your next enemy if your a holeshot kind of guy but top speed will improve

Yea i definitely love the smooth whole shot but I also want a higher top speed...can't I have best of both worlds? So I should get a new stock impeller over the solas? I don't see how that makes sense...I'm just dying over the 5 mph loss!!! Would you just wait until next year and mod out the ski since the summer is ending?

Did you happen to pick this up from ocean power sports.

+1
    You want to get the rpms up, hence the big reason for the reflash. If you don't want to wait for the ecu to come back (about a week and half turn around) at least do the ribbon delete and tommy Jordan mod now. You can be that easy in one evening. Ride rest of year then let mods begin. You guys get colder sooner in year than we do

+1
    If you are planning on future heavy mods go for the 13/20 solas...but just know you will have to do a good amount of depitching to retain speed. out of box you'll probably be 3-4mph slower than the stock impeller. On the good side I heard the solas has an awesome hole shot with little to no cavitation....just need proper pitch

Gotcha....some good feedback thanks...and nope i got it from stumpys my brothers friend owns it. Got a good deal a few weeks into the season. $13,200

+1
    This is an amazing jetski especially in the rough water. My advise order custom impeller Skat trak 13/19, 87mm 2.5 degree exit nozzle, Jim custom ride plate, intercooler, engine cooling, Filter, valve retainers and ECU reflash or tuned ECU. You will be more than happy. Guaranteed.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by AD4342 View Post
    This is an amazing jetski especially in the rough water. My advise order custom impeller Skat trak 13/19, 87mm 2.5 degree exit nozzle, Jim custom ride plate, intercooler, engine cooling, Filter, valve retainers and ECU reflash or tuned ECU. You will be more than happy. Guaranteed.
    Do you have this list of mods? If so what reflash, IC, and overall RPM's are you seeing with this setup? Still have stock cone? Cavitation?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information