+1

Jet pump bearings????? Help

I'm going crazy with my 2008 stx15. I Orderd the WSM jet pump rebuild kit and the smaller bearing of the 2 is smaller then the one in the ski now. It's like the guy before me put a bigger bearing closest to the seals. Bearing numbers on the ski now is B17-071 which came with the kit and 62/22rs which is bigger then the 6202 RD that came with the kit. I can run to the local bearing shop but wanna know what's been done. He did something.

+1
    I've learned the hard way, twice to stick with OEM Kawasaki bearings on my 12F. The SBT ones lasted 1.5 seasons, another was the same longevity. The OEM just keep going, and it really isn't that much more money. As far as the fitment size issue, I've never had that. Which bearing is not right? the one in the cone or by the seals?

+1
    FYI the 62/22 size is the same as what is used for the rear bearing in 250/260/300 pumps so you could get one from your local kawi dealer if that is what you need.

+1
    The earlier years used a bearing in the cone that was smaller than the one in the pump. The 2008 has 2 bearings in the pump housing and none in the cone. Sounds like you got the bearing kit for the pump that has the smaller bearing in the cone.

+1
    You are correct pacer. The bearing in the kit goes to the 06. Wsm sent me one today for free. 05 is one set up, 06 another ,07,8,9 and 10 then the updated 2011.

My name is Sean and I am addicted to STXs smokeysevin's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by ImpactSportsTV View Post
    FYI the 62/22 size is the same as what is used for the rear bearing in 250/260/300 pumps so you could get one from your local kawi dealer if that is what you need.
    I wish my dealer stocked anything kawasaki...

All special order now for some reason.

Sean

+1
    The same thing happened to me the last time I ordered a bearing kit from one of those places in Florida, I have a 2006 which uses the large one in the pump, small one in the tail cone, they sent me a kit that had the large one for the pump & a similar large one for the rear, which I finally realized was for the 07-10 models, I only needed the large bearing for the pump & seals, so I didn't bother telling them about it. I have had the bearing in for 2 years without any problem with it, but I am now replacing my pump, its almost shot again & I am going with OEM bearings, they only cost a couple buck more each.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by RLACEMAN View Post
    The same thing happened to me the last time I ordered a bearing kit from one of those places in Florida, I have a 2006 which uses the large one in the pump, small one in the tail cone, they sent me a kit that had the large one for the pump & a similar large one for the rear, which I finally realized was for the 07-10 models, I only needed the large bearing for the pump & seals, so I didn't bother telling them about it. I have had the bearing in for 2 years without any problem with it, but I am now replacing my pump, its almost shot again & I am going with OEM bearings, they only cost a couple buck more each.
    All an oem bearing is, is a Chinese bearing in a Kawi package. U got the kit I needed lol!!! Go figure.

Thread Information