Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

2014 RXP-X high idle

Friend of mine has a 2014 RXP-X that has a high idle of around 2900. It has a 137+4 wheel, 4 inch air, valve springs, RIVA gen 3 intercooler, RRFP, had a V-tech tune of 8900. Ran fine for about 8hrs, then started to have this issue of 2900-3000 idle and MAP sensor code. Changed intake manifold, MAP sensor and tried another throttle body. Reset throttle position with BUDS still same problems. Disconnected throttle assisted steering sensor same issue. Installed brand new ECM, initialized with BUDS, reset throttle opening now just high idle. Backed off SC intake hose off throttle body 1/2 inch works fine no high idle and registers boost on gauge when blipping throttle. Ideas????
    Thanks

Banned User
    +1
    There is an air leak somewhere...

+1
    danny is right. check for a decent size air leak.

Installed new manifold and reinforced it. It has the RIVA manifold intake upgrade done to the old manifold and the new manifold. Also tried a 215 manifold with the intercooler block off that is also reinforced. I know an air leak would probably be after throttle body. Going to try a manifold and throttle body off a 2011 RXT-X that has the RIVA intake upgrade also done to it that is on a good running ski.

+1
    Heard the Riva manifold billet block off plug that comes in the Riva manifold upgrade kits can leak. After hearing that I took my flame arrestor out through the throttle body hole to prevent any possible boost/air leaks. Hope you get it figured out.

Banned User
    +1
    One way to check, is start the ski...and spray something like brake cleaner/carb cleaner around possible entrance points. If the motor hiccups, thats the source area...

Work Harder, Millions on Wellfare Depend On Us! ultramaxracing05's Avatar
    +1
    mine had this problem a few minutes after swapping out fuel pump, I was puzzled, so I couldnt figure out the problem, I never removed any air intake parts. Must have been a glitch anyways, I put it in the river and it idled fine then, rode like a champ, and when I brought it back home it idled on the trailer as normal.

Try it at the boat ramp under load and see if that fixes it. It worked for me.

Update- Took complete manifold assembly( that does not have the riva manifold upgrade) off a 2011 RXT-X that is running a mini rude installed it on the 2014 RXP-X, reset closed TPS started it up same problem. Warmed ski up idle is 2900-3000. Sets off manifold sensor above 7000rpm with check engine light. This is all on the water hose. Ski will idle fine in water but is slow to accelerate and goes 61-62 mph no fault codes or check engine light. SC slips at 145 inch lbs ( so SC is not slipping). Swapped engine harness, still the same. Put 2011RXT-X back together, ski runs great. Put the 2014 RXP-X back together still the same after a slight warm up. Monitored ski with BUDS while running. Ideas? All engine sensors, manifold, throttle body have been swapped from 2011 RXT-X that runs great. All engine grounds are tight. This thing has got me really puzzled.

+1
    Try removing the SC hose from the throttle body and idle it. Feel in there before you start it and after you start it. If it's not started you should be able to open the butterfly and close it all the way. Not sure once it's got power to it if you'll be able to move it but you will be able to see how far it's open. It should idle fine with the SC hose disconnected. Maybe check with buds that it's fully closed and opens with the throttle by checking the butterfly position is in sync with what buds is telling you.

The reason I know is I had high idle in my 2010TX and was throwing a 1622 code. The butterfly was froze. I pushed on it a bit and unstuck it, it was fine after that but I suspect it's on its way out. But it had been a months since riding it, never a good thing.

That's all I got...

Does idle with hose off intake, will idle with hose 1/2 inch from intake, will idle with hose on as long as you pinch the hose to allow pressure out before throttle body. As long as you allow some air coming from the sc to bleed off before throttle body it will run fine. It is like the boost is too high for it to handle which is BS. This all started after tightening up clutch on SC.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information