I am running the Riva Stage 2 Base Map for my 2012 FX SHO.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	photo1.jpg 
Views:	162 
Size:	79.8 KB 
ID:	340164 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_9785.jpg 
Views:	89 
Size:	46.4 KB 
ID:	340165Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_8217.jpg 
Views:	95 
Size:	31.3 KB 
ID:	340166

My spark plugs indicate that I am running too lean.

After cruising for 12 minutes while maintaining a steady 6,000 RPMs my Temperature warning light comes on.

The guys at Riva where nice enough to lend me a loaner data logger to use at no cost.

After Riva analyzed the results of the data logger they informed me the water temperature at the cylinders gets to over 212 degrees Fahrenheit.

They are suggesting it a mechanical problem with the water cooling lines. They claim the open-loop system inherently has problems.

I will admit that I can ride longer when the water is cooler in the winter months before the temperature light comes on.

I checked every single cooling line and there are no clogs. I even broke down the engine and inspected the cooling passages in the engine block and there are no clogs.

It is possible that the real issue with my ski is the tune and that running too lean is causing the water temperature at the cylinders to reach over 212 degrees?

Does anyone know whether the Riva Stage 2 Base Map for a 2012 FX SHO is too lean or has anyone else had problems with that tune?

Does anyone know someone in the Central Florida Area that can manually tune my ski?

I am at a dead end with trying to figure out why the water temperature at the cylinders starts to boil which causes the temperature light to come on.

Any suggestions or ideas would be greatly appreciated.

I saw on one forum that someone had the same ski as mine (not sure of what modifications he had) and he changed all four Ignition Coil Assemblies (6S5-82310-00-00) and that worked for his ski. Any thoughts on why changing the spark plug coils would work on his ski and whether that might work for me?

Thanks in advance,

Jay