Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

+1

2015 RiDE System and Mods

So I was not going to grab another ski so soon (was going to get a scarab 165 HOI, but after dealer agreed to 30k out the door, in which I even signed the quote and gave CC for 5k deposit. Was called 40 minutes later and said they can not do the deal for less than 30,800 so F them)

Well I like the new FX SVHO with the lighter hull and JL audio releasing a setup for them. Only concern I really have is the new RiDE system. How is the new dual throttles with its controller and electronic trim going to effect aftermarket tunes and ECU's. I still have a brand new MoTeC M1 for the yamaha and would love to be able to utilize it but with the new systems I am wondering if that will be possible.

Anyone have any specific details on the hardware being utilized on the new units? Are these the same ECU's with add on boxes or is this a completely new ECU? If the RiDE and Trim look like they are going to take a while to sort out for performance increases I am then going to just jump back on a FZS in white which other than the new hull and colors looks the same as the 14 as far as performance goes.

AWA MEMBER
    +1
    That RiDE system seems to be a independent system linked to the ecu

+1
    Buy it and let us know what you find

4. +1 by:

+1
    @silentshooter - have you ridden an FX SVHO? I've never been on an FZR but the FX is huge and not as playful. Its great offshore but again if I wasnt doing alot of 2up riding with it I'd rather have a FZR. You are welcome to ride mine if that helps you make a decision!

Get a jet ski or a real boat. That scarab 165 HOI looks like it is for fags. LOL!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	baja.jpg 
Views:	115 
Size:	132.4 KB 
ID:	340306 I paid 30K for my Baja outlaw 25 last month. I can't believe someone would buy a scarab 165 HOI for more????

+1
    I have had a few Boats and while I love running stern drives and do mis my 42 Lightning the had twin whippled 525 efi's.. I do not miss the fuel costs or the maintenance costs. I like jet drives for the sand bars and mangroves around here. The 165 basically is an oversized jet ski that can still do over 60mph and not have a stern drive to deal with.

A new 23 outlaw with the HO motor will still run upwards of 70k new for one sitting on the lot so they are not the same class. the 165 would have been new with a full warranty and your outlaw is used with no warranty so when you blow out the drive get ready to pony up $5k. I travel extensively and was looking for a toy that I did not have to deal with issues on. In a few years if I stop traveling as much I will probably pick up a 28 to 30' with twin Bravo XR's but till then just want a small toy (Still considering a Donzi 22 classic if I can find one with a Bravo 1 drive and not the alpha just cause I always wanted one)

Cool... I was just giving you a hard time...

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Pigpenracing View Post
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	baja.jpg 
Views:	115 
Size:	132.4 KB 
ID:	340306 I paid 30K for my Baja outlaw 25 last month. I can't believe someone would buy a scarab 165 HOI for more????
    used vs new?

What is this jl audio system u were talking about coming out

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information