+1

Fly Boarding from a supercharged Speedster 150

We took my friend's speedster 150 out and hooked the fly board up out at Sandy Island in South Carolina

+1
    That looks like a blast. What happens to the boat while it's thrust is diverted? Does it just drift, or do you anchor it? Is the throttle controlled by the boat driver or the fly board?

+1
    Throttle is controlled from the boat we use hand signals to let each other know where we want the throttle. The boat does just drift but its really being pulled by the person on the fly board so not only do you have to pay attention to where you are flying but also where you are dragging the boat.

+1
    Love that song, what is it?

+1
    opening is Tapp and the other is Richman both by 3oh3!

+1
    Nice!! I tried flyboarding for the first time a few weeks ago, I'm hooked!! Luckily for me one of my old friends is the local flyboard guy so I'm hoping to get on it again this week or next, it's a blast.

The ski just sits and drags along. It does sit in its own pile of cavitation tho... The Yamaha fly board rental down here in key west goes through impellers pretty regularly

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by kwtony View Post
    The ski just sits and drags along. It does sit in its own pile of cavitation tho... The Yamaha fly board rental down here in key west goes through impellers pretty regularly
    I kind of thought the same thing while out there its not even the constant running at 5-6k rpms but running at those rpms and not moving much really opens up sucking something up. This one is his private fly board so not taking the abuse it does from a rental guy but still could easily turn bad. I did like it being on a boat as you just set the throttle and leave it i got imagine on a ski it would kind of suck to have to hold the throttle the whole time.

^ that absolutely happens as well...also ,people dismiss sea grass as nothing. But often sea-grass has all sorts of other floating debris inside of it as well...You might not even realize you have a partial clog till the rider complains of substantial loss of power.

I should have taken photos, but the impellers looked absolutely crazy. I have to go over there in a few days and will see if there are any left over. .

If you are doing this, i would strongly suggest whatever cooling modification you can do to your ski and always try to keep the machine moving and not staying in one place for long at all. Ill ask again how many hours they get out of a impeller, but i think i recall them saying it was about 40-50 hours....when its renting at 250 per 1/2... a few hundred dollars for a replacement or a tossing in used impeller they might already have is not really a big deal..

Thread Information