+1

'06 RXT scored oil pumps and pieces.

Here are some pictures of my suction and primary pumps and pieces. This engine spun a rod bearing and a rod went through the side of the block. Doing a total rebuild with new block and was cleaning the pumps and PTO. The first two pictures are the suction pump and pieces. The pieces look like some kind of big circlip or snap ring or something. They are not magnetized. Anybody know where they could have come from? I just bought this ski from my brother who bought it new, and he said the supercharger let go several years ago but that is exactly all he could tell me. Are those SC washer parts? I will be replacing the complete suction pump parts and housing obviously.

Last pictures are of the primary pump shaft and outer housing but does the PTO cover housing look bad enough to replace? It does have some scoring on it, but minimal. I certainly dont want to have to replace it if I dont have to but I will if I need to.

Thoughts? Anythng else I need to look for?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_2944.JPG 
Views:	75 
Size:	159.9 KB 
ID:	340239   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_2945.JPG 
Views:	60 
Size:	145.5 KB 
ID:	340240   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_2946.JPG 
Views:	55 
Size:	134.8 KB 
ID:	340241   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_2947.JPG 
Views:	57 
Size:	148.6 KB 
ID:	340242   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_2949.JPG 
Views:	49 
Size:	131.1 KB 
ID:	340243  

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by rattlsnak View Post
    Here are some pictures of my suction and primary pumps and pieces. This engine spun a rod bearing and a rod went through the side of the block. Doing a total rebuild with new block and was cleaning the pumps and PTO. The first two pictures are the suction pump and pieces. The pieces look like some kind of big circlip or snap ring or something. They are not magnetized. Anybody know where they could have come from? I just bought this ski from my brother who bought it new, and he said the supercharger let go several years ago but that is exactly all he could tell me. Are those SC washer parts? I will be replacing the complete suction pump parts and housing obviously.

Last pictures are of the primary pump shaft and outer housing but does the PTO cover housing look bad enough to replace? It does have some scoring on it, but minimal. I certainly dont want to have to replace it if I dont have to but I will if I need to.

Thoughts? Anythng else I need to look for?
    Yes they are washer pieces. Whoever preformed the work, should have replaced the oil pump pieces as well at the time of clean lout. Please make sure to replace your timing chain as well.

+1
    The SC was rebuilt under warranty at the dealer @ 6 years ago and they put fiberglass washers back on it of course and I'm sure they did not clean anything. It lasted @ 65 hours the first time and the ones they put in were still fine with just about another 65 hours on them but it will be going back in with new bearings and metal washers. I did get a new chain and guides as well. Thoughts on the PTO cover housing?

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by rattlsnak View Post
    The SC was rebuilt under warranty at the dealer @ 6 years ago and they put fiberglass washers back on it of course and I'm sure they did not clean anything. It lasted @ 65 hours the first time and the ones they put in were still fine with just about another 65 hours on them but it will be going back in with new bearings and metal washers. I did get a new chain and guides as well. Thoughts on the PTO cover housing?

I wouldnt use it.Those are some nice grooves

Thread Information