Break in process is complete on my svho fzr

Hey guys, I finally bought fzr and it been a blast. But it time to king of the water again here in jersey. Been looking around on the forum and want to know what parts people are like on the svho fzr. I don't know if rd performance kit stage 3 is good. But the price sure is.
    But I was thinking of:
    riva full exhaust
    13/20 prop: open different idea on this
    Rd Ecu upgrade maybe r3
    frizzle inter cooler
    Ribbon delete
    Intake
    Cooler upgrade kit
    Ride plate
    intake grate
    sponson
    blow off kit
    So if I could get some freed back that would be great. Let me know which brands and if I need add or remove from this list. Thank Alex

+1
    Well if you get the Fizzle you will have a Blow Off Valve on that so no need for a blow off valve kit. I assume by cooler upgrade kit you are talking about the cooling upgrade kit from R&D or Riva which will be fine.

If you are planning to go with an R3 tune you will want to get valve retainers at the least (If I was doing retainers I would do springs at the same time)

I would also add a Lucky 13 cone to your list

3. +1 by:

Quote Originally Posted by SilentShooter View Post
    Well if you get the Fizzle you will have a Blow Off Valve on that so no need for a blow off valve kit. I assume by cooler upgrade kit you are talking about the cooling upgrade kit from R&D or Riva which will be fine.

If you are planning to go with an R3 tune you will want to get valve retainers at the least (If I was doing retainers I would do springs at the same time)

I would also add a Lucky 13 cone to your list
    Thank silent for the freed back, and your right frizzle has it include and forgot about valve retainers, and you can not forget that go old lucky 13 pump cone. But does ride plate in take grate make a different? And which brand should I go with and everything else that on my list is good?

+1
    Ride plate is a must. Either have your stock one modded by Jim or get the R&D plate. Made a huge difference on mine. I had the R&D intake grate but would not buy it again. The stock is fine or if I was doing it again I would have waited and got the Riva Stainless one.

The prop is the only one I can not answer. If you have a adjustable cone like the Lucky and can play around with your nozzle size by either opening stock or getting the one with the replaceable nozzle rings you can better fine tune to the impeller. You would be best to do all the performance mods and then based on your speed/rpms go ahead and get a prop matched to your setup as you might need to buy one and have it pitched.

Also you will want either a pump seal kit to go with the intake grate you buy or make your own.

Last thing I did not see is the tunnel reinforcement or the billet drive shaft sleeve. Those are two items you will want to look at that do not give performance but will save you from known failure prone areas

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by SilentShooter View Post
    I had the R&D intake grate but would not buy it again.
    What about the grate did you not like?

+1
    I did not care for the grates build quality. The casting was very rough and not the best choice of material. Also its fit was less than perfect. With the stress that is being put on the grate at high speeds I am sticking with Stainless from now on and not the cheaper aluminum casting.

AWA MEMBER
    +1
    Probably the speed loss

Thanks guys I will do the Jim plate mod and no intake grate. I do agreed with you silent the pump cone could make a different with out switch the prop. But than again we might be wrong.thanks for the input guys.

I never had an issue with my intake grate and gained 1.5-2mph

Thread Information