Help tight steering 2014 VXR

The steering on my vxr became tight after about 10 hours. Is there a way to adjust this out? I know my old kawasaki used to have the same problem.

Does the tight feeling happen in the handle bars?? ive seen the two ss bushing on the nozzle seize up and cause resistance issues, itll happen on the trim also. but ive also seen just about every other part break in the steering system.

You need to first locate the issue. So take the steering linkage off at the nozzle and see where its at. If its the bushing in the steering column then you should be able to feel that because they will bind up, but if you handle seem free it could be in your cable. Since its new i would put my money on an issue in the steering column...

Quote Originally Posted by kwtony View Post
    Does the tight feeling happen in the handle bars?? ive seen the two ss bushing on the nozzle seize up and cause resistance issues, itll happen on the trim also. but ive also seen just about every other part break in the steering system.

You need to first locate the issue. So take the steering linkage off at the nozzle and see where its at. If its the bushing in the steering column then you should be able to feel that because they will bind up, but if you handle seem free it could be in your cable. Since its new i would put my money on an issue in the steering column...

I had the same feeling. I could take it to the dealer but that is a pain and I don't trust them. Is there an adjustment in the steering neck that could cause it to tighten?

No.

My friend had the same issue when he got his vxr in 2011 it kinda went away. Dealer said he needed new cables i just remmebered putting lots of silicone spray by the cable linkage at the exit nozzle.

Thread Information