Leaking or Burning Oil on my 11' TX.... Little help here please

I've probably added a solid 3 quarts over the summer.... I don't see much in the way of smoke nor have I found any oil coming out if the drain plugs following cleaning. The ski had a new Intercooler, Charger, and throttle body done about a year ago all under warrantee. Stealership claimed the motor was not compromised as the compression test came back normal. Little help or thoughts here would be appreciated. Thanks

+1
    '3 quarts over the summer" Any idea how many hours did you put in that time?
    I'm curious why the SC needed to be replaced? I'm assuming the throttle body was replaced because of leaking intercooler.

Quote Originally Posted by wes35 View Post
    '3 quarts over the summer" Any idea how many hours did you put in that time?
    I'm curious why the SC needed to be replaced? I'm assuming the throttle body was replaced because of leaking intercooler.
    Yes SC and Throttle body were replaced as she swallowed a lot of salt water following IC failure.... Prob have put on 20-30hrs max in that time frame.

+1
    Probably a leaky SC seal, pull the SC hoses and see if they have a lot of oil in them. Also, where do you run the oil level on the stick and how are you checking it? I ran into a guy that had the same symptoms and he was running the oil level way too high, when he left it alone and kept it at the correct level it quit burning oil... Full oil level is the middle of the marks on the stick, not the top... the top is an absolute maximum...

5. +1 by:

+1
    Oil is for sure going somewhere. That is way too much to burn up on these motors.

You might want to check the compression yourself as its fairly easy to do. Also look at the super charger hoses and see if there is some oil in them, once again easy to do.

Like the above poster said make sure the oil isn't overfilled.

Is your RPM maxing out where it should be?

Quote Originally Posted by wkuadam07 View Post
    Probably a leaky SC seal, pull the SC hoses and see if they have a lot of oil in them. Also, where do you run the oil level on the stick and how are you checking it? I ran into a guy that had the same symptoms and he was running the oil level way too high, when he left it alone and kept it at the correct level it quit burning oil... Full oil level is the middle of the marks on the stick, not the top... the top is an absolute maximum...
    Yes, I have only been filling to the middle of the stick. The ski also def not as snappy out of the hole as my buddy's 14' GTX limited so maybe it is in fact the charger. I pull him at top end but he easily grabs me out of the hole.

Quote Originally Posted by skylolow View Post
    Oil is for sure going somewhere. That is way too much to burn up on these motors.

You might want to check the compression yourself as its fairly easy to do. Also look at the super charger hoses and see if there is some oil in them, once again easy to do.

Like the above poster said make sure the oil isn't overfilled.

Is your RPM maxing out where it should be?
    Yes, my top end is def good... My hole shot is decent but lags behind my buddy's 14' GTX Limited

The SC has like 40hrs max on it.... I wonder if that is warrantee work or coming out of my pocket???

+1
    If there is no oil coming from the supercharger do a leak down on the motor.

Quote Originally Posted by 800AMSOIL4U View Post
    If there is no oil coming from the supercharger do a leak down on the motor.
    Thanks for the advice... will do

Thread Information