Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Ultra 310 / A 50 Hour Report

I finally managed to reach the 50 hour mark on my 310 this weekend (thanks to Rlovebk and So Cal Watercraft Club).

- This is the first Ski I have owned that I have been able to get to 50 Hours completely issue free. Not one single issue encountered. Outstanding . . . this means alot to me.

- Maintenance. Except for normal oil changes, 25 hour Pump Bearing check, and exhaust filter change, this has been a very maintenance free Ski. Even after rougher rides in the ocean, very little water finds its way inside the Hull.

- Fuel Usage / Fuel Requirements. Much to my satisfaction, I have found that the Ultra 310 (and this would probably include the 300 also) has a 100+ mile fuel range in ECO Mode. One of my main concerns with a 91 octane Ski, which all Ultras are, is that I would be limited where I could go due to octane requirements / fuel range. The Ultra 310 provides enough fuel range to get where i need to go. The 310's fuel range in this regard is a very undersold feature in my opinion.

- Overall Fit and Finish. I am extremely diligent about checking all nuts, bolts, and fasteners. Not one bolt, screw, or fastener has come loose on this Ski.

- Oil Quality. I do change the oil more than the manual calls for. But the Oil in the Ski remains clean and does not "rise" due to GIO issue on previous models.

Anyone in the market for a state of the art modern PWC, I would highly recommend the Ultra 310. It's a great Ski and offers anyone unquestioned performance in a very user friendly package. JB

Nice write up. I just crossed 16 hrs on my 2013.5 300x and have no issues what so ever to date.

+1
    I just hitted 20 hours on my new 2013 300X, and no issue yet!
    Glad to hear you are a happy man with your 310X!

+1
    wow its taken since 2011 for you to listen to us early owners lol

Click avatar for tech links/info, donation request K447's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by john belton View Post
    ... the Ultra 310 has a 100+ mile fuel range in ECO Mode...
    Do any of the aftermarket tunes allow for switching between ECO and Full power modes without shutting the engine off and physically swapping plastic keys?

It would be nice to be able to cruise long distances yet be able to switch into full power mode for fun sprints, then switch back to Eco to continue cruising. Coming to a complete engine stop and opening the glovebox to switch keys and modes is not optimal, in my opinion, when actually out riding.

+1
    Not sure about the 310 but on my 300 there is no"key switching" but you have to slow to an idle to switch from eco to full power and vice-sa-versa. Its just a push of a button btw, not optimal but not a huge deal

fyi: performance rec in Orillia has a killer deal going on the 2013 300's. five year warranty as well, if your in the market.

turned over 240 hours this long weekend in the 1000 isl's on my 2011 purchased in 2012. not a hiccup yet. this has been a fantastic machine, to bad summer is coming to an end soon.

Quote Originally Posted by K447 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by john belton View Post
    ... the Ultra 310 has a 100+ mile fuel range in ECO Mode...
    Do any of the aftermarket tunes allow for switching between ECO and Full power modes without shutting the engine off and physically swapping plastic keys?

It would be nice to be able to cruise long distances yet be able to switch into full power mode for fun sprints, then switch back to Eco to continue cruising. Coming to a complete engine stop and opening the glovebox to switch keys and modes is not optimal, in my opinion, when actually out riding.
    Yes good point, that is exactly what I do. ECO will still give a decent top speed, but will take away some of the blinding acceleration. JB

Click avatar for tech links/info, donation request K447's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by johnnyb View Post
    Not sure about the 310 but on my 300 there is no "key switching" but you have to slow to an idle to switch from eco to full power and vice-sa-versa. Its just a push of a button btw, not optimal but not a huge deal

fyi: Performance Recreation in Orillia has a killer deal going on the 2013 300's. Five year warranty as well, if your in the market...
    Perhaps I am confusing the SLO learner key with Eco mode.

Performance Recreation provided a loaner Ultra 300 for our Ride for Dad charity ride this summer. Good people.
    Last edited by K447; 09-02-2014 at 01:05 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by johnnyb View Post
    Not sure about the 310 but on my 300 there is no"key switching" but you have to slow to an idle to switch from eco to full power and vice-sa-versa. Its just a push of a button btw, not optimal but not a huge deal

fyi: performance rec in Orillia has a killer deal going on the 2013 300's. five year warranty as well, if your in the market.

turned over 240 hours this long weekend in the 1000 isl's on my 2011 purchased in 2012. not a hiccup yet. this has been a fantastic machine, to bad summer is coming to an end soon.
    Yes JohnnyB, 310 is the same as 300 in this regard then. 240 hours . . . well done! JB

Quote Originally Posted by nicjak View Post
    wow its taken since 2011 for you to listen to us early owners lol
    I did not / do not own a 300 so I cannot give a first hand account of owning that particular model. I can say though that the times I did ride a 300 I thought it was a bit "twitchy" on the Bow; the Bow liked to "hunt" more than I was comfortable with . . .

The 310 rides very similar to how my 260 rode; which I like. I suppose if I had spent more time on the 300 I could have gotten more used to it.

It was almost 4 years between the time I got off the 260 and onto the 310. It took me about 3 seconds to get familiar and comfortable on the 310 . . . and at 50 hours now; I have never looked back JB

11. +1 by:

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information