Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

HELP! Going to look at purchasing Gtx!

Hi guys, I'm going to look at buying a 2004 Seadoo GTX supercharged tonight.
    Its got only 18.5hrs on the clock so that has drawn me in however, he says it keeps flashing up check engine and has somthing to do with a pressure switch! ( not sure what pressure switch as he also didn't seem to know) he said that when you first start it it will come on and if you turn it off and start it back up it will go away.

he said he had the shop change the sensor and as soon as he got home it done the same thing. He said it Dosnt affect the performance in anyway.

Im in a noob so could any one chime in to say if they know what he is talking about and if its a common problem and is it anything to worry about?

Huge thanks jamie

+1
    I have not had a single issue with my machine, same year just short of 200 hours, just bulletproof it and check the SC. as for why the issue I cant comment on that, I never seen check engine on mine did not even know it had one lol, now I seen the maintenance come on but that is at 125 hours so is its that then it tells me that 18.5 might not be accurate, that is just me... 18.5 hours ski should be like new...

Quote Originally Posted by Yanksfan View Post
    I have not had a single issue with my machine, same year just short of 200 hours, just bulletproof it and check the SC. as for why the issue I cant comment on that, I never seen check engine on mine did not even know it had one lol, now I seen the maintenance come on but that is at 125 hours so is its that then it tells me that 18.5 might not be accurate, that is just me... 18.5 hours ski should be like new...
    Hi mate thanks for your reply, I've been to look at the ski and to be honest it looks abit tatty! But he showed me a receipt he got in 2012 that that stated on the top " been sat in a barn for over 2 years needs oil pressure switch!)
    with this he also had the sc washers replaced with metal ones and a few other things.
    He said he didn't take it out on the water as he drive it stright down to the shop and told them to just what ever they think needs doing. As it's been sat for years.

He said that he himself has only managed to do 8hrs in a 2 year period due to having property's in the states and other country's. He states that he just Dosnt get time to use it as he has loads of other toys.

Obouvisly im in unsure but I can look past the looks as it looks like its been knocked around abit in a barn, but the low hours are drawing me in.

I'm also loving the fact yours have been fantastic for all them hours.

+1
    Low hours doesn't ensure good condition, the machine is still 10 years old! I would want the supercharger fully rebuilt. Ask for a water test as well. I had two of these before. Loved them. Also sometimes lower hours isn't always better. I had one that was blown at 80 hours and another with 240 hours without needing major work done.

Ok thanks for the replys guys.

So overall, if I was to clean and look after this ski what would yous say about reliability?

I see as mentioned above one blew up at only 80hrs!
    Is this common or just a one off, what's the average hours these skis are capable of?
    Thanks jamie

+1
    I would say the reliability should be pretty good. Just take it easy for the first 10-20hrs. I think mine was just one off. I would say you should do over 400hrs if leaving stock and keeping after maintenance

That sounds awesome! Thanks for the replies!

Here is a few picture of my new ski, to be honest its abit tatty looking but I will clean it up. I havnt yet took it on the water as I first want to give it a good service and drain the fuel tank from its 2 year old fuel. It seemed to run like a dream out of water so hopfully it will run like a dream in water lol. I already bought one unlucky and unreliable ski 5 weeks ago so hopfully this one will do me better.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	51 
Size:	144.8 KB 
ID:	340516Click image for larger version. 

Views:	43 
Size:	131.7 KB 
ID:	340517Click image for larger version. 

Views:	41 
Size:	126.1 KB 
ID:	340518Click image for larger version. 

Views:	46 
Size:	96.9 KB 
ID:	340519

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Fosta View Post
    Here is a few picture of my new ski, to be honest its abit tatty looking but I will clean it up. I havnt yet took it on the water as I first want to give it a good service and drain the fuel tank from its 2 year old fuel. It seemed to run like a dream out of water so hopfully it will run like a dream in water lol. I already bought one unlucky and unreliable ski 5 weeks ago so hopfully this one will do me better.
    Click image for larger version. 

Views:	51 
Size:	144.8 KB 
ID:	340516Click image for larger version. 

Views:	43 
Size:	131.7 KB 
ID:	340517Click image for larger version. 

Views:	41 
Size:	126.1 KB 
ID:	340518Click image for larger version. 

Views:	46 
Size:	96.9 KB 
ID:	340519

is a limited, that is why you had the check engine I guess... looks clean congrats now ride the living hell out of it.

+1
    Looks clean. Congrats on the buy!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information