Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Intercooler for 2014 FX SVHO

My FX SVHO has the following mods: R&D Cooling Kit, R&D Pro Air Filter Kit, ribbon delete, R&D Intake Grate, Tial BOV, and R&D R2 reflash. I'm currently experiencing heat fade that is pretty bad (~350 RPM's). From all of the feedback, I think an intercooler should help this issue. I'm looking at the R&D Pro Series Racing Intercooler or the Fizzle. I'm leaning to the R&D as Glenn has been extremely helpful with any questions that I've had thus far. Any feedback on performance of these units and ease of installation would be a great help.

As a note, I live in SC. Summer conditions are usually mid 90's and high humidity. Thanks in advance for any input.

Fizzle seems to be the best option..

3. +1 by:

@JC

+1

Intercooler for 2014 FX SVHO

Being brand loyal isnt nessecarily a bad thing. I think either the Riva Gen2, Fizzle, or R&D pro series will get you to where you want to be. All three of those IC's have been very well proven.

For me personally I felt I was getting the most value with the Fizzle IC so I went with it.
    Last edited by nashvegas; 09-02-2014 at 01:29 PM.

Does anyone have feedback on the R&D inter-cooler? Surely someone is running this model. Has anyone tested the Fizzle back-to-back with the Riva or the R&D?

+1
    I'll be testing the fizzle against the factory cooler here within the next week or so. Maybe someone tested the RIVA or R&D against factory and you can do a reverse comparison. I'm sure you can't go wrong with either one as they are all a good upgrade against the factory.

Thanks, I'm interested to hear your inputs. I'm also interested to hear feedback on the Jim's modified ride-plate that you mentioned in a different thread. Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by LugNutLS1 View Post
    I'll be testing the fizzle against the factory cooler here within the next week or so. Maybe someone tested the RIVA or R&D against factory and you can do a reverse comparison. I'm sure you can't go wrong with either one as they are all a good upgrade against the factory.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Cwood9839 View Post
    Thanks, I'm interested to hear your inputs. I'm also interested to hear feedback on the Jim's modified ride-plate that you mentioned in a different thread. Thanks!

Yes sir, both are due to arrive Monday so the ride plate will be put on right away for the stock cooler baseline readings. I'll keep you posted

Any test results for the ride plate and / or the inter cooler?

Yes sir, both are due to arrive Monday so the ride plate will be put on right away for the stock cooler baseline readings. I'll keep you posted

+1
    Plan is to hit the river today around 1pm for the fizzle testing. I'll post back

+1
    Does anyone have feedback on the R&D inter-cooler? Surely someone is running this model. Has anyone tested the Fizzle back-to-back with the Riva or the R&D?
    The R&D innercooler seems to be a rarely used cooler on the forum because of it being the highest price cooler. I like the way they have located it in the hull best. I have never used one my self. Tommy Jordan

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information