Need help with stock 2007 gp 1300r

I recently purchased a stock 2007 gp 1300r with 50 hours on it. I have about $1000 to spend on mods. Ive gone through this sight and my head is spinning as to which ride plate and intake grate to buy. Looking for both improved acceleration and top speed if possible. I don't want the craft to be a maintenance problem where I have to adjust things all of the time. Preferably bolt on items. Thanks for the input.

Quote Originally Posted by mgarrison View Post
    I recently purchased a stock 2007 gp 1300r with 50 hours on it. I have about $1000 to spend on mods. Ive gone through this sight and my head is spinning as to which ride plate and intake grate to buy. Looking for both improved acceleration and top speed if possible. I don't want the craft to be a maintenance problem where I have to adjust things all of the time. Preferably bolt on items. Thanks for the input.
    1. Top-end speed with a little cavitation: Riva plate and R&D 800 intake grate
    2. Top-end speed with less cavitation and about 1-mph slower: Riva plate and R&D 1200 grate.

You can also get your plate modified here...but if all you're looking for is top-end, then you can grind the plate yourself in order to lift the bow-up for less drag and in-turn save a few bucks. Although some may argue it's worth getting someone else with experience to grind it (particularly the safety aspect), but if you're handy and you understand a little water physics it's really not rocket science. Try it first with your stock plate and experiment...just make sure you keep the plate lower/recessed at the pump shoe/not hang down whatever you do... .

Hope that helps

+1
    In my opinion, i would go for a new impeller, along with an intake grate and sealing the pump shoe.. from what i gather here and what i have done, it will net you the best stock top speed and hole shot.

+1
    Look at my sig.

Thank you for the information

+1
    1st things 1st, get a GPS, log your start WOT, then as you make the bolt-on mods you will know what & how it increased your top speed. With $100 spent on GPS, (Garmin E-Trex10, or now you can get a GPS mod for your current gage $139 ), and then $150 for a good 1200 top loader intake grate, then $ 80 Pump shoe stuff kit, Then R & D ride plate $250. and $225 for a Solas Dyna Fly prop. Then you will still have nearly $200 left. All of these mods are very easy DIY. No real special tools needed. On the prop change out you will need a little prop shaft holder tool ( $15), that you will need to place in a vice. You will have some $$ cost for some adhesives and sealants. Still way under $1K. I hope this helps

7. +1 by:

I appreciate the help. Any opinion on the free flow exhaust by riva

Thread Information