+1

1100r carb tuning, lean issue

Hay guys just got my 1100r rebuilt with all new engine, i rebuilt carbs, accl pump and fuel pump, cleaned gas tank and redid all the lines, checked leak down- held 7psi for hours. Anyways, it runs good on the hose and idles great, im still breaking it in- but it will not go anywhere without using the choke. it just bogs down, even when i get the rpms up i still feather the choke- if i pump the throttle i can get it to go also, the accl pump i adding the fuel. So im pretty sure im not getting enough fuel, the manual says if using oxiganeted gas to increase the fixed jet one size- when can i find new fixed high speed jets? any ideas on this issue? also the plugs look lean, dry and light gray in color.

can you actually see fuel spray into carbs with filter removed, by moving throttle flipper engine not running? I dought it.

+1
    I can see fuel spraying from accl pump into each carb, while running and with engine off while i hit the throttle. I checked the 1 way valve on the accl pump and it is working, im also going to instal a 1 way valve before the pump- just to be sure its 100%. I cleaned all the accl jets on each carb and they spray good. The carbs have been gone through and carb kits put in. im going to redo the 2 vents with check valves at the gas tank also. As of now it still dosent run well and have to use the choke to get it to go. I still have some extra rich break in fuel in it to run, i hope its the 24-1 fuel making it run like this.

Thread Information