Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Planning trip from Long Beach area to Catalina Island

Always wanted to do this trip, it would be an amazing endeavor, it takes about 45 minutes from what I heard, I'm looking to get a group together.. Throwing it out there to see who would be interested?

+1
    just google it 30miles one away take a friend or two to be safe otherwise you should have a blast and post some photos

+1
    I just went last Saturday with the So Cal Watercraft Club. We had 14 riders. Great water conditions. One of our rider was riding a Wave Blaster 1 so a Spark should be no problem.

Another group is planning a ride Sept 7th. You should hook up with them. It is best to ride with a group.

Long Beach to Catalina Run with Del Amo Motorsports of Long Beach

Sunday, September 7, 2014

6:00 AM to 3:00 PM

Cabrillo Beach Park

3720 Stephen M White Drive, San Pedro, CA

It’s now official West Coast Watercraft Club and Del Amo Motorsports of Long Beach are teaming up for a casual ride from Long Beach to Catalina. Everyone is welcome to participate, it’s going to be an awesome ride.
    Please make sure you sign up here for this event and the link attached. This is going to be lots of fun.
    Please sign up here as well:

http://www.surveygizmo.com/s3/173613...de-to-Catalina

http://www.meetup.com/West-Coast-Wat...ntId=193254182

Good luck and have fun.

Steve (from Lomita)

Thanks for letting me know I'm really going to look into it sounds like so much fun

+1
    UPDATED RIDE INFORMATION: 9/5/14, Another Hurricane setback again. Del Amo has decided they want to push to September 14. IMO I feel this is a wise choice due to the hurricane in Baja California. I will be making some updates on the new upcoming ride by Monday.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Forever12 View Post
    UPDATED RIDE INFORMATION: 9/5/14, Another Hurricane setback again. Del Amo has decided they want to push to September 14. IMO I feel this is a wise choice due to the hurricane in Baja California. I will be making some updates on the new upcoming ride by Monday.
    Yeah better safe than sorry. I've been keeping an eye on it because we are expecting to get some of it starting later today and then the next few days. This is the 3rd one in a month...crazy.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	VCG15-19002014249.jpg 
Views:	46 
Size:	88.2 KB 
ID:	340951

Great cuz I had a prior commitment tomorrow !! Next week would be great! I'm not sure if I'm taking the spark, I think the seadoo speedster 150 boat would be better for my first time, is this allowed? Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Cheappc View Post
    Great cuz I had a prior commitment tomorrow !! Next week would be great! I'm not sure if I'm taking the spark, I think the seadoo speedster 150 boat would be better for my first time, is this allowed? Thanks
    Pretty sure anything is allowed, freedom of the sea

+1
    I think I'm going to so it. A spark will make it right? Is a helmet really necessary?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information