Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

need help from pro seadoo mech.

If a 2006 4-tec engine with TOPS .If it is unbolted from side of ECM bracket and turned upside down with engine running,It should kill engine is this statement correct??Many thanks I have had lots of 4-tec exp.But have only come up against this problem once.Have come across many ground issues and a few fuel pump problems,numerous cluster replacements ,I guess I have been very lucky but this is first 1502 problem.And since doing repairs for rental company that has 10 GTI 4-tec ,I have seen many many crazy things from intake manifolds full of h20 and half oil half water in crankcase,many wiring issues but even in seadoo shop manual I couldn't find where it says the tip over switch should throw ski in limp mode.I thought it was to kill engine when ski was turned over past 110 degrees ,Many thanks in advance if you can tell me that faulty tops electric switch will throw ski in limp mode but not kill engine.It should kill it shouldn't it?Thanks>Marvin

+1
    It doesnt kill the engine just puts it in limp mode

Many thanks problem solved same ohm reading up right or inverted per seadoo test with dummy plug and 12 volts .if it is unplugged ski should stay in limp mode ? or not? many thanks I have switch on way either way I will replace it.However for my knowledge would like to know if it stays in limp mode if its unplugged,It looks like it should or would only have 2 wires not 3 as it does.Have a great day !!>Marvin

+1
    I believe it stays in limp mode with a check engine light while unplugged. Ive also had an issue with one on an 06 where the MPEM no longer supplied the 5v to the sensor itself. Therefor the MPEM was bad not the sensor

Wonder if it turns out to be ecm if I can run 5 volts from another source without buying ecm perhaps a 5V. 1.4 ohm resistor from either another power source from ecm ,Its usually grounds but this one has been left uncovered for yr.then cluster is gone also.Thanks in advance for your help just gotto use the old ohm multi-meter see what she says new switch didn't help!!

Well swapping out the tops switch didn't remove ski from limp mode ,I am beginning to think its mpem problem,its over in my storage now but installed tops and no change still in limp,This customer has a bad cluster however I have run 2006 without cluster when I first realized they had to have firmware from buds. installed(flashed) however that ski a 2006 I unplugged new cluster and it ran fine around to boat ramp!!Ski has new gel battery and ,I have no idea if its ever been jump started or if previous batts were installed by owner correctly etc.So will check voltage going to tops once more and hope if its not the 5 volts I can reduce 12 vlt to 5 .or perhapsjust bypass it by running resistor to supply correct reading to ecm.customer wont spend to replace mpem or even cluster,thanks>Marvin

This is for those who have read or want to know,I found problem ,the original seal on ecm bottom right side plug was not installed correctly from factory,allowing original battery (acid with caps) to corrode all pins and wiring harness,also found corroded pin on top plug of computer .So ECM was bad after all testing it was throwing bad code and keeping ski in limp,no matter how clean the pins are the corrosion caused ecm to go on blink,Moral of story check all connections never trust a computer readout as they are just as suceptable to mis readings and breakage as the pwc you are repairing.I had my first computer exp. with a radioshack tandy 2000 that was black and white,used a cassete tape for programs or spreadsheets that you yourself had to write.So I have been in computers for many years ,even before the net was a thought. Your own hands a good multi-meter and just searching the right areas will help,dont get dependant on can-doo,buds,or any other Thanks>Marvin

Hi guys,

2006 Seadoo GTX Wake

I have the Candoo software and finally got mad at chasing an electrical problem and took it to the shop.

On my Candoo software I was throwing a P0600 fault. I replaced voltage regulator, mpem, swapped ecm with my other running ski, instrument cluster, good fuel pressure. Nothing ever addressed the problem and it will always run for about 10 seconds and die.

The mechanic who worked on it was pretty good with that unique 2006 BUSS system and said he thinks it is a bad connection between MPEM and ECM. My question is there a method to cleaning these pin connectors or reseating them or is it buy a new harness?

Thank you in advance.

Corey

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by coreyb66 View Post
    Hi guys,

2006 Seadoo GTX Wake

I have the Candoo software and finally got mad at chasing an electrical problem and took it to the shop.

On my Candoo software I was throwing a P0600 fault. I replaced voltage regulator, mpem, swapped ecm with my other running ski, instrument cluster, good fuel pressure. Nothing ever addressed the problem and it will always run for about 10 seconds and die.

The mechanic who worked on it was pretty good with that unique 2006 BUSS system and said he thinks it is a bad connection between MPEM and ECM. My question is there a method to cleaning these pin connectors or reseating them or is it buy a new harness?

Thank you in advance.

Corey
    You could try some good electrical contact cleaner for the pins, i have fixed many strange electrical problems in the past with it, this stuff is the best if you wish to try it out
    http://www.amazon.com/DeoxIT%C2%AE-D.../dp/B0014F110I

This is how I run a jetski shop in the desert nmpeter's Avatar
    +1
    the pins and socket's can be replaced, but the crimper is kinda pricey...... A wire harness is pretty expensive for a fix

I'd go with contact cleaner first.

Be warned..the connectors are easily damaged by sticking voltmeter probes in there....

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information