Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    +1

Why is there water in my hall

The last couple times I took my Jetske which is a 2010 RXT X 260 out of the water water drains out of the plug is it the Bering from the driveshaft could somebody help

+1
    how many hours on your ski? have you replaced the carbon seal yet?

+1
    It's not uncommon for a small amount of water to drain out.

If your having a lot of fun and water coming over the bow over and over you may have more water come out.

If you go for nice leisurely cruise and then put on the trailer take a bucket and see how much comes out. If its only about a cup or two of water I won't worry much about it. If all of sudden its like half a gallon pail full I'd start looking at the carbon wear ring. Make sure the sleeve is pulled all the way up on the drive shaft also.

+1
    it is highly suggested here.....install a bilge pump.

5. +1 by:

+1
    I had the same ski and I just sold it. I bought it new and from day 1 I had water in the hull. I checked everything, I ran it on the hose to make sure carbon seal was not leaking and nothing. Then I found the culprit, the rear access panels. They do not seal good at all. I went to Lowes and got some weather stripping and place it on the ski, not the panels so it would have a better seal and it helped a lot. Now, also if you get water on these seats and they get really wet, they will drain into the engine bay area, this is another way of getting water in the hull. Take a good look at those two areas. Run the ski on a hose and get a light and look inside quickly, because you don't want to run them on a hose long and mess up your carbon seal. You can check this area by looking in through the left rear access panel while ski is running on hose and see if water is dripping from the drive-shaft area. Good luck and I had 139 TROUBLE FREE hours on my 2010 RXT-X 260.

+1
    We need a bit more info in order to properly help.

About how much water? The ENTIRE hull filled?? Or a couple tablespoons?

You see how just that little bit of info could be a drastic difference, meaning all the difference in normal and not normal?

If water runs out the drains ,its too much,remember the venture bilge is pumping anytime engine is running, so it never hurts to have an electric bilge for emergencys ,but that is not a fix.Find out where water is coming from first,fix it then put in an electric back-up bilge.If you never need it great!But if you need it just once and don't have it ! JMHO >Marvin

+1
    There is about 58 hours on the ski I have ran the hose to see if anything was leaking I did not see anything but I have been in pretty rough waters so I'm going to take it out tomorrow in Smooth waters and see if water was still appear in the hall thank you

+1
    So I appreciate all the input I took my ski out this weekend there had to have been over 5 gallons of water in the bottom of my hell after about four hours is there a way I can check the cabin seal myself and how easy it is to change cabin filter

+1
    This weekend when I had it out the water was nice and smooth so it wasn't splashing around much

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information