Thread: ibr problem

ibr problem

Hello everyone, it's always a pleasure to exchange views with you ....

I have a rxt260rs year 2010, 100 hours, on Saturday while I was using the bike, I turns on the light ibr, the bike he walked to 3 knots
    I got back to shore, I turned off the bike, I checked ibr, I noticed the palette has remained raised ...... after about 15 minutes, insert the key
    the display shows no fault code, I try it again in the afternoon for about 1 hour, but the warning light does turn on anymore ......
    so far never turned on the light ibr

what do you advise me to check?
    thank you

P.ä.
    sorry for my language is not perfect, I do not know English very well

+1
    My ski is at the dealership now . I have 2012 rxp x 260 with 464 hrs on it and the ibr and check engine light came on with error code p1661. The dealer rang me and said because of the hours and wear and tear that he would replace all bushes , washes and the arms that raise the bucket because it could be causing it to be out of alignment when going up and down. If this doesnt fix the issue then he will get in touch with seadoo to replace the irb actuator through good will as my two year warranty has just ran out. Hope its fixed as i dont want to pay $1300 for actuator and then labor.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Tucka View Post
    My ski is at the dealership now . I have 2012 rxp x 260 with 464 hrs on it and the ibr and check engine light came on with error code p1661.
    Sorry for going off topic, but other than the iBR issue, how has it been running? You have alot of hours and you may be a "reference" for those of us who have the same machine and do alot of hours. Thanks.

+1
    Hi pro. I have had it serviced at the 10 hr then then every 50 after it keeps getting serviced at a cost of $440 here in Australia plus at the 200hr mark I have had the supercharger rebuilt at a cost of $1200 . All up within the two years I have spent nearly $6000 on services and two super charger rebuilds included in that cost. At about the 290 hour mark I noticed black particles in the coolant bottle and was losing coolant also , so I had the head gasket done through warranty. Oh yeah and I forgot to mention wear rings and impellor has been replaced also lol . F#%ken money pit.

+1
    Had that code, was a broken wire on main harness.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Tucka View Post
    Hi pro. I have had it serviced at the 10 hr then then every 50 after it keeps getting serviced at a cost of $440 here in Australia plus at the 200hr mark I have had the supercharger rebuilt at a cost of $1200 . All up within the two years I have spent nearly $6000 on services and two super charger rebuilds included in that cost. At about the 290 hour mark I noticed black particles in the coolant bottle and was losing coolant also , so I had the head gasket done through warranty. Oh yeah and I forgot to mention wear rings and impellor has been replaced also lol . F#%ken money pit.
    Your getting ripped mate you may as well drive up to sydney come use my mechanic and you would still have cash left over, $1200 for a supercharger rebuild is a joke, who's doing this work? you could have bought a whole new charger for less

I do not understand why seadoo takes no act on these faults .....
    if they want to stand out from yamaha, because they have the ibr and then we have to spend money because it is not guaranteed ...... is a rip off

+1
    On a friends ski (RXT-X 2010) many IBR alarms, during start up and underway.

Changed the old battery for a new DEKA ETX30L

No more IBR faults.

Great battery btw

Thread Information