1999 tigershark conversion

Anyone know how good the hulls are for 75mph or so? Looked around d and haven't seen any tigershark conversions. Have on now, not sure what to do with it. Don't even feel like replacing the starter on it because every tigershark I've ever heard of is always broken.
    Curious because it seems some can look at a hull and get a feel for how its speed charictoristis are, I can not Lol. Just kinda throwing the idea around of a 4 stroke efi engine conversion on it or parting it out

+1
    LOL, You need change the flavor of cool-aid you been drinking. All kidding aside, the reason you have not heard of any Tiger Shark, conversions is because these is nothing really worth keeping from or on any of the Tiger Shark skis. If you have an engine that would make a great conversion .... think GPR hull or Matrix .... but do not waste your time & $$ on a Tiger Shark conversion.

Great post! Very informative...
    All kidding aside.... You really didn't answer my question at all. How are the hulls at 75+, anyone know? I assumed the tigersharks engine being a unreliable pos and the fact they didn't make that many was the main reason for no conversions. Looks wise, no other ski(IMO) is as menacing looking g from that era

Banned User
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by singledsupra View Post
    Great post! Very informative...
    All kidding aside.... You really didn't answer my question at all. How are the hulls at 75+, anyone know? I assumed the tigersharks engine being a unreliable pos and the fact they didn't make that many was the main reason for no conversions. Looks wise, no other ski(IMO) is as menacing looking g from that era
    Put up some pics of the hull you are thinking of using. I think it would be a really cool project. Nothing would be sweeter than going out and beating on some modern skis with a Tigershark!!! Well except for beating on them with a Polaris.

This is how I run a jetski shop in the desert nmpeter's Avatar
    +1
    tigershark hulls in my opinion are not suitable..even the 1100 injected one was squirrely and the smaller ones aren't stable either.

part it..lots of folks still running them so you can make a good buck and get into a real project.

The 99 tsr 1100 had a great hull and I am sure some got to 70... supposedly the hull design was sold to honda when they started their watercraft line... But I agree with Ozark, the gpr hulls are proven over 75 mph and are inexpensive and plentiful...

Do what you want to do! Don't let anyone influence that, however, I would do some research on engine bay size, impeller options, driveshaft quality, etc.

Back in the day the 1000 had alot of top end but no take off from a dig.

Great info. Looks like I'll be parting

Thread Information