Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Baccups

+1

Baccups

My issue is that i cannot see the trailer when the Ski is off, and I'm backing to and down the ramp.

I don't need any assist trailering, just the ability to see the trailer when reversing.

Has anyone tried these: http://www.baccups.com/

I bought these: http://www.etrailer.com/Hitch-Access...ese/53410.html <----- Which immediately broke. Like the VERY first time I used them, they came apart. Also, if I leave them on, I will bump them with the ski and they will fall over or fall off. They are just a PITA.
    Last edited by Beantowner; 09-05-2014 at 11:30 AM.

+1
    What car do you drive?

I can't see mine with the jeep and I sometimes open tail gate.

Those guides work but get $$.
    You could easily put a rod somewhere sticking up on trailer with flag.
    Something like this?
    http://www.rockymountainatvmc.com/p/...m=dune%20flags

Click avatar for tech links/info, donation request K447's Avatar
    +1
    There was a couple of threads recently discussing various methods with bicycle flag poles (fiberglass) and similar.

I have some of those telescoping magnetic poles with the foam ball on the ends. Sometimes the foam balls pull off so I just glue them back on. I mostly used them for aligning the ball with trailer coupler when connecting the trailer to the tow vehicle. My trailer is aluminum so the magnets don't work for guiding the empty trailer.

Double PWC trailer is a different problem than a single. On a single trailer the fenders typically extend wider than the hull so marker poles can stick up beside the hull.

On a double trailer the fenders tend to to be under or right at the edge of the watercraft hull, but there is room between the hulls to mount a pole. Having a way to collapse or swing the pole down flat makes it easier to walk between the hulls.

4. +1 by:

+1
    I drive a Honda Pilot. Opening the rear hatch is an idea worth trying. I only need to see the trailer when backing it empty, so since it isn't too often, that may just work. I have visions of dumping everything from my rear storage area onto the ramp as I back down, so I will have to ensure I won't yard sale my gear while I'm backing.

With the fixed pole idea, I would need to remove it/them everytime I pull it in the garage (where she sleeps), unless they were low enough.

And I checked shipping costs for the baccups, its like $31.XX. Forget that.

Click avatar for tech links/info, donation request K447's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by Beantowner View Post
    ... With the fixed pole idea, I would need to remove it/them everytime I pull it in the garage (where she sleeps), unless they were low enough...
    Bicycle poles are thin, flexible and can be cut to length to suit.

Put a bright color foam ball on the top of each to make them more visible and less of a hazard to your eyes when on the watercraft or just near the trailer.

+1
    I drive a Honda Pilot. Opening the rear hatch is an idea worth trying. I only need to see the trailer when backing it empty, so since it isn't too often, that may just work. I have visions of dumping everything from my rear storage area onto the ramp as I back down, so I will have to ensure I won't yard sale my gear while I'm backing.

With the fixed pole idea, I would need to remove it/them everytime I pull it in the garage (where she sleeps), unless they were low enough.

And I checked shipping costs for the baccups, its like $31.XX. Forget that.
    I have an Xterra and just open the back tailgate. I just make sure not to hit the brake or gas too hard and have my crap slide out. lol

+1
    I tow with the jetta sometimes on the single and just back down and turn the wheel until the left fender just starts to show in the mirror. Once it shows I turn the wheel slightly in the opposite direction as I continue backing down. After a short time I turn the wheel back till i see the wheel again and repeat. You go down the ramp a little zigzag but not that bad. It seems to work for me.

+1
    My issue is that i cannot see the trailer when the Ski is off, and I'm backing to and down the ramp.

I don't need any assist trailering, just the ability to see the trailer when reversing.

Has anyone tried these: http://www.baccups.com/

I bought these: http://www.etrailer.com/Hitch-Access...ese/53410.html <----- Which immediately broke. Like the VERY first time I used them, they came apart. Also, if I leave them on, I will bump them with the ski and they will fall over or fall off. They are just a PITA.
    I just installed these on my Triton single trailer. They are awesome. They were like $65.00 shipped.

http://cesmith.com/product/421/post-guide/27620

Steve

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Q in Arizona View Post
    I have an Xterra and just open the back tailgate. I just make sure not to hit the brake or gas too hard and have my crap slide out. lol
    +1 I sometimes use my Toyota 4Runner and this is what I do. I can see my single or my double just fine.

+1
    The bicycle fiberglass flags from Walmart at less than 10 each and work just fine. Of course take the Donald duck flag off.

12. +1 by:

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information