Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: battery volts.

+1

battery volts.

My 250x battery sits around 12 to 12.5 volts constantly.
    The 260x battery sits around 11.5 volts.
    Im guessing the 250 is good. Does the 260 seem ok? Or does it need replacing?

+1
    It should be close to 14 when running and close to 12 when not
    If it's still starting ok I wouldn't worry

Take the time to smile sirbreaksalot's Avatar
    +1
    Sound's like you need a double trailer to me......

static volts Brett are dependant on a few things
    the main one is the charge rate going into battery and
    and battery condition ...

so if you charge rates are the same but it still fails to hold a high static voltage I say throw it out.
    Fir the sake of a $45 battery I wouldn't take the chance .

if u need a battery let me know.

waz

+1
    Any difference in the crank over speed when starting? I finally replaced mine this week and couldn't believe the cranking speed with the new battery. Obviously as the battery gradually wears out the voltage goes down and without a reference or multimeter it's tough to determine the battery condition. I should have replaced it in the beginning of the season. Over 5 years pretty good though--wish my car batteries lasted that long.

BTW, I got the oem YUASA for $78 delivered which is a great deal and I'm not sure if there are better batteries in the US anyways. The auto part chain stores were all over $100 for their house brands.

Click avatar for tech links/info, donation request K447's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by dmk View Post
    ... I'm not sure if there are better batteries in the US anyways. The auto part chain stores were all over $100 for their house brands.
    In my opinion the Deka manufactured factory sealed AGM batteries are the best available for personal watercraft use.

AGM batteries are very robust, withstand vibration and pounding. No liquid acid to leak, even if the battery is punctured. Strong starting power, able to recharge quickly.

The Deka factory sealed product is well made with a solid battery post design. AGM batteries tend to cost more than old-school liquid acid batteries but they work better, more reliable overall and tend to have long lives.

In my view the cost of the battery is secondary to having top drawer reliability and strong starting power on the water.

The Deka ETX product is also sold under multiple other brand names but can be identified by the unique battery terminal design.

+1
    Any difference in the crank over speed when starting? I finally replaced mine this week and couldn't believe the cranking speed with the new battery. Obviously as the battery gradually wears out the voltage goes down and without a reference or multimeter it's tough to determine the battery condition. I should have replaced it in the beginning of the season. Over 5 years pretty good though--wish my car batteries lasted that long.

BTW, I got the oem YUASA for $78 delivered which is a great deal and I'm not sure if there are better batteries in the US anyways. The auto part chain stores were all over $100 for their house brands.
    I know my crank speed is down, so I am going to replace anyway.
    The battery is 5 to 6 years old.
    I agree with the Yuasa, it has been great so why change.
    Unfortunately they are $199.00 over here.
    I found a place in Sydney that states if you pick it up yourself you can get them for $173.00.
    I need 2 so he said he would do it cheaper again.
    I have to go to Sydney in the next few weeks, so I may have to grab them whilst I'm there.
    I'm not a fan of buying things because they are cheap. I think you get what you pay for.

+1
    brett you are being ripped i sell them for half that but freight will kill it. could get them to nelsons at the end of oct.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by nicjak View Post
    brett you are being ripped i sell them for half that but freight will kill it. could get them to nelsons at the end of oct.
    Are yours the YUASA Super sealed MF. 12v 18amp. YTX20L-BS ???

+1
    i can do them for $100ea

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by K447 View Post
    ... I'm not sure if there are better batteries in the US anyways. The auto part chain stores were all over $100 for their house brands.
    In my opinion the Deka manufactured factory sealed AGM batteries are the best available for personal watercraft use.

AGM batteries are very robust, withstand vibration and pounding. No liquid acid to leak, even if the battery is punctured. Strong starting power, able to recharge quickly.

The Deka factory sealed product is well made with a solid battery post design. AGM batteries tend to cost more than old-school liquid acid batteries but they work better, more reliable overall and tend to have long lives.

In my view the cost of the battery is secondary to having top drawer reliability and strong starting power on the water.

The Deka ETX product is also sold under multiple other brand names but can be identified by the unique battery terminal design.
    Quite ironic that East Penn facility is only 2 towns over from YUASA's Laurendale, PA facility.

One difference is that YUASA is just powersports which I'm not sure is good or bad.
    And I'm guessing you're aware that our oem YUASA's are AGM batteries. Also being Japanese probably of higher quality but that is just a guess.

Which model Deka fits the Kawi Ultra's? Is it a perfect fit and how much do they go for?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information