Fixed the fuel pressure regulator and changed a couple of lines - now some follow ups

Thanks K447! I am attaching an image of my lines - there does not seem to be any gunk what so ever on the lines between fuel tank & injectors. Do I really need to replace the rest? The fuel vent line connected to the pump but the other end was not connected to anything - where is that supposed to go? Also, there was a split & connector in the fuel line which I assumed is fine to replace with one whole line (it is not the return where I have a tee).
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	tempo gray lines.jpg 
Views:	62 
Size:	164.6 KB 
ID:	341032  

Click avatar for tech links/info, donation request K447's Avatar
    +1
    The fuel hose in the photo is not original. The gray Tempo hoses at the fuel injectors do look original. The hose material becomes stiff with age, which is the primary reason to change them.

Also the gray hoses have been rubbing on the fuel injector brackets so I expect there is some abrasion damage in there.
    New fuel hose is not that expensive and even the top shelf Oetiker clamps are a few dollars for more than enough to redo the entire fuel system. A fire inside the hull is way more expensive

Just take care working with the plastic tee fittings for the injectors. Be gentle as you work.

No problem replacing the spliced fuel supply hose with a single piece. The factory had two hose pieces I assume to ease assembly on the production line.

Fuel vent is a rubber grommet fitting in front of the seat, hidden up under the shroud around the glove box area. From inside the hull I guess the hose simply fell off the inside of the rubber vent grommet. There is a matching vent grommet on the other side which is for the battery vent tube.

I guess not all tempo gray are created equal. Will get to the rest of them b4 next summer. Follow up q: size of clamps - what should I get? Tried 1/2 inch oetiker and does not to seem to fit over the barb on the gas out line as it is pretty thick. What should I use then? Hoping I can use one size for all the connections.

Click avatar for tech links/info, donation request K447's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by sergv View Post
    ... size of clamps - what should I get?

Tried 1/2 inch oetiker and does not to seem to fit over the barb on the gas out line as it is pretty thick. What should I use then?
    Hoping I can use one size for all the connections.
    This post may help
    http://www.greenhulk.net/forums/show...=1#post2424544

The hose clamp size depends on the particular fuel hose thickness you are using.

Ear clamps are not expensive. Buy the correct ear clamp sizes to fit your hose(s) properly.

In some cases the same size hose will need a different ear clamp size if the nipple the hose is fitted onto stretches the hose larger (or does not stretch the hose enough).

It it is important that the ear clamps properly compress around the hose and actually squeeze the hose material enough. A slightly too large ear clamp will not seal properly and might work loose with pressure, time and vibration.

Note that the diameter range given in the Oetiker specs is for the closed/squeezed/installed ear clamp. It is expected that before clamping the hose OD can be a little bigger than the diameter on the clamp spec such that the clamp and the hose will both be squeezed enough to bring the closed clamp diameter into the range specified for that clamp size.

Quote Originally Posted by Oetiker
    The following applies as a guideline:

To determine the correct clamp diameter, push the hose onto the attaching material, (e.g. the nipple), and then measure the outer diameter of the hose.

The value of the [selected era clamp] outer diameter must be slightly above the average value of the diameter range of the clamp to be selected.

A clamp can only be considered adequately closed when the ear width(s) has been reduced by at least 40%, and the correct closing force was used for assembly.
    Last edited by K447; 09-08-2014 at 02:08 PM.

Thread Information