Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

+1

ECM Knock Sensor Issue (Code 25) fixed

Ok, I've been battling this for a year since I got the ski and finally got passed it this past weekend. Though I'd document my attempts for posterity. 02 turbo
    Symptoms. After riding 30-40 minutes a code 25 is triggered and it goes in limp mode. It usually clears by the next day, and I get another 30 or so minutes. Its gone longer sometimes, other days I get 5-7 minutes before it starts.

1. Ignore it and hope it goes away - No impact
    2. Reseat plugs and test wires - No Impact
    3. new knock sensor - No Impact
    4. Disconnect Knock sensor - doesn't work
    5. Put a voltmeter in the line to sense spikes - No impact
    6. Put a 10K resistor in line to lower voltage range - No impact
    7. Freeze ECM with inverted can of dust off (overheat cure) - No Impact
    8. Buy a new ECM from Brian atJet Ski International. - Fixed.

Ran all weekend without a code 25. I may try to crack into the old one, just to see what is really going on when it fails.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by tyranny View Post
    Ok, I've been battling this for a year since I got the ski and finally got passed it this past weekend. Though I'd document my attempts for posterity. 02 turbo
    Symptoms. After riding 30-40 minutes a code 25 is triggered and it goes in limp mode. It usually clears by the next day, and I get another 30 or so minutes. Its gone longer sometimes, other days I get 5-7 minutes before it starts.

1. Ignore it and hope it goes away - No impact
    2. Reseat plugs and test wires - No Impact
    3. new knock sensor - No Impact
    4. Disconnect Knock sensor - doesn't work
    5. Put a voltmeter in the line to sense spikes - No impact
    6. Put a 10K resistor in line to lower voltage range - No impact
    7. Freeze ECM with inverted can of dust off (overheat cure) - No Impact
    8. Buy a new ECM from Brian atJet Ski International. - Fixed.

Ran all weekend without a code 25. I may try to crack into the old one, just to see what is really going on when it fails.

The issue is corrosion on the PCB. moisture wicks around the pcb and terminals and causes the problem.

U should have not waited a year, its a 99% chance it's that pos ecu

I see so many of these posts, There needs to be some kind of sticky. If you have the symptoms of FI light code 25 and your ski runs about 20-30 min from cold then goes into limp... YOU NEED A NEW ECM!

Don't waste money replacing the knock sensor, just bite the bullet. There is an extremely small chance it is the sensor or wiring harness, but don't waste time or money trying to do those first just because they are cheaper, it will only lead you to frustration.

Quote Originally Posted by JonUF02 View Post
    I see so many of these posts, There needs to be some kind of sticky. If you have the symptoms of FI light code 25 and your ski runs about 20-30 min from cold then goes into limp... YOU NEED A NEW ECM!

Don't waste money replacing the knock sensor, just bite the bullet. There is an extremely small chance it is the sensor or wiring harness, but don't waste time or money trying to do those first just because they are cheaper, it will only lead you to frustration.
    i got code 25 but it happens withing the first few minutes of riding, waiting on the new sensor if that docent help them new ecm.

Quote Originally Posted by DR2006RXP View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by JonUF02 View Post

i got code 25 but it happens withing the first few minutes of riding, waiting on the new sensor if that docent help them new ecm.
    update: new sensor did nothing as expected, on to a new ecu.

7. +1 by:

Same crap with mine.. Was the ECU.

Quote Originally Posted by dcg9381 View Post
    Same crap with mine.. Was the ECU.
    you still got the old ecu i would love to open one up and take a look inside i will pay shipping.

AWA MEMBER
    +1
    its all potted inside

+1
    I tried digging in mine. Like Joey said its potted solid. I pried through it but that pulls all the surface mount components off with it, so there's no good way to do anything useful inside. Nothing obvious was in mine like a blown cap or corroded trace ,but again its hard to get a decent view.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information