2004 Gtx 185 supercharged. OIL PRESSURE SWITCH? :/

Hey guys I'm getting a fault code P-0520 (oil pressure switch) when I first plug in the lanyard.

im sure it's the hard to reach ops but which of these oil pressure switches is it?
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	239 
Size:	37.0 KB 
ID:	341165Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	126 
Size:	39.5 KB 
ID:	341164
    Thanks jamie

Not sure Jamie, but have a feeling there's two on the GTX for some reason. They are quite common failures.

Microfiche says

31Oil Pressure Switch
    420256777 (old part) 420856538 (new part)

Remember also to check the oil the correct way - ie, warm up ski on the water, leave idling for 30 seconds, stop engine, wait 30 seconds, then dip. Oil level should be half way between min and max, not upto max! Too much oil will rob you of RPMs.

Quote Originally Posted by tornado34 View Post
    Not sure Jamie, but have a feeling there's two on the GTX for some reason. They are quite common failures.
    Yeah mate I've seen in other posts that there is one on the top front of the engine (easy to get to) and one on the rear of the engine (hard to get to)
    the guy has a receipt showing he had the following sort replaced : 420856538 (oil pressure switch ) but the code still flashed up. So I'm hoping they just replaced the wrong oil pressure switch so the correct one might fix the problem

I'm pretty sure the switch for your code is the one on the left, the straight one, which is the hard to reach one. The one on the right is the one on the front if the engine and it's the OSPS (Oil Separator Pressure Sensor). I had a code P-1202 and replaced the easy switch but still have the code. I'm wondering if it needs to be hooked up to the VCK or BUDS to actually clear the code...

Quote Originally Posted by tornado34 View Post
    Microfiche says

31Oil Pressure Switch
    420256777 (old part) 420856538 (new part)

Remember also to check the oil the correct way - ie, warm up ski on the water, leave idling for 30 seconds, stop engine, wait 30 seconds, then dip. Oil level should be half way between min and max, not upto max! Too much oil will rob you of RPMs.
    Thanks for that dude your a star!

Quote Originally Posted by tp081234 View Post
    I'm pretty sure the switch for your code is the one on the left, the straight one, which is the hard to reach one. The one on the right is the one on the front if the engine and it's the OSPS (Oil Separator Pressure Sensor). I had a code P-1202 and replaced the easy switch but still have the code. I'm wondering if it needs to be hooked up to the VCK or BUDS to actually clear the code...
    Awesome mate thanks

Thread Information