Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    +1

supercharger slip

this may sound or be stupid question but i couldn't find anything with the search. Can i use a boost gauge to determine if my supercharger slip is ok or near ok. im sure it wouldn't be exact measurement of the slip but to give me an idea when to take it out and actually measure it. thank you

+1
    I would only tell you if it was real bad, or you had other issues, but no. you can remove the intake fron the charger, lock the crank and check it fast in the ski with an inch-lbs wrench, or learn to pull it and check it on a bench properly. Once you do it a few times, it only takes 45 min to complete, if that.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by pedro15 View Post
    this may sound or be stupid question but i couldn't find anything with the search. Can i use a boost gauge to determine if my supercharger slip is ok or near ok. im sure it wouldn't be exact measurement of the slip but to give me an idea when to take it out and actually measure it. thank you
    No the boost gauge will NOT tell you anything about your SCer slip..It will only help guide you if it is slipping as you will see boost dropping..
    The correct way of checking slip is to bench test it..As stated above it can be checked inside the ski BUT the accurate way of doing it is on the bench..you will also need the Scer tools and a GOOD torque wrench to read the correct measurement...a cheap torque wrench is not recommended as it can give you a false reading..

4. +1 by:

Here's the info about supercharger from my 2014 seadoo service manual!

Slipping Moment (New Supercharger)
    9N*m to 14N*m (80lbf*in to 124lbf*in)

Slipping Moment (Break-in Supercharger)
    8N*m to 12N*m (71lbf*in to 106lbf*in)

***If the torque is not within specification, repair supercharger clutch. (Full Rebuilt to Dealer or Jerry)

+1
    thank you for the info. i have a bigger wheel and it was recommended to check the slip every 20 or so hours. But i thought may be my boost gauge will help me figure out if the slip was off rather than having to take it out and check it.

+1
    why is it important to check this every 20 hours ? manual says it`s made for 100...200 hours now not to rebuild and you guys check it every 20 hours why ? ... I see guys with 120 + hours never checked the slip. Should I check my slip on my 30 hours new SC or just leave it ?

+1
    if your sc is stock, just do the rebuild and forget about it until close to 100 hour. the slip can change in any level of chargers but the chances of changing on a higher boost charger is greater. that is why people check it more often.

+1
    if your sc is stock, just do the rebuild and forget about it until close to 100 hour. the slip can change in any level of chargers but the chances of changing on a higher boost charger is greater. that is why people check it more often.
    It is my understanding that the type of riding you do will affect how your SC will wear more than the amount of boost.
    Riding in chop at WOT will wear the set-up much quicker than someone riding smooth water regardless of the boost.
    Therefore people who ride in those rough conditions are much more prone to washer failure from excess slippage due to premature wear. For those people it is very smart to check the slip often. I check mine every 10 hrs just to be safe.

Quote Originally Posted by sn-95 View Post
    It is my understanding that the type of riding you do will affect how your SC will wear more than the amount of boost.
    Riding in chop at WOT will wear the set-up much quicker than someone riding smooth water regardless of the boost.
    Therefore people who ride in those rough conditions are much more prone to washer failure from excess slippage due to premature wear. For those people it is very smart to check the slip often. I check mine every 10 hrs just to be safe.
    BINGO.... Water condiitons and the type of Oil in the engine Greatly Effect the Run Time you will get out of a Supercharger clutch.

Quote Originally Posted by joe w View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by sn-95 View Post
    BINGO.... Water condiitons and the type of Oil in the engine Greatly Effect the Run Time you will get out of a Supercharger clutch.
    What is the best oil specifically regarding S/C clutch life?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information