Pump won't come off!

I'm working on a yamaha exciter 135 "1999" should be the same as a gp1200.

I am rebuilding everything. I can not get the pump off. I have the three bolts off the midshaft. I have the four bolts off the pump. I started with a block of wood and a hammer. Then I went to a bigger hammer. Then I broke out the come along. I have got the thing to come out about 4 mm's.

I just can not get the thing off. Please help me. I spent all day on this thing. I had tremendous pressure on the pump with the come along.

Game plan for tomorrow it to put a metal bar in the impeller (changing it anyway) then removing the coupler. Then the first part of the midshaft. Hopefully next I will use a punch and a huge hammer and knock the midshaft shaft and the driveshaft and everything else right out the back.

+1
    Driveshaft is pressed into the bearings, which are pressed into the housing so it won't work. Did you drop the ride plate? That usually gives enough room to get a good hit at the pump housing with a dead blow mallet. The midshaft may be seized in your case.

Yes, the ride plate is off. I beat the poop out of the thing with a huge hammer and a block of wood.

So you saying it's not possible to knock out the midshaft shaft.... driveshaft and the rest of the pump (stator and wear ring) right out the back?

+1
    The driveshaft should come out the back with the pump housing, and the midshaft stay in the ski but it sounds like the driveshaft is seized in the bearing housing.

So I just cut the driveshaft to get it out.

knock the pump down before trying to beat it out. Not 100% sure but think the GP12's are dowled in

+1
    I've had them stuck before like that. I squirt a liberal amount of penetrating oil up toward the front driveshaft to midshaft splined connection, let it sit a day, then block of wood and 3 pound mini-sledge to drive the pump backwards. Last one did gave up its pump bearings before finally coming off.

Thread Information