+1

10 years late to the party

Hello Green Hulksters, I'm still fairly new to Polaris PWC's but I am having a lot of fun. I have a '94 SL-750 and a '96 SL-900. Parts are in the garage for a 780 and 1050 conversion respectively, definitely have some work to do this winter. Everyone here has been very friendly and willing to help, I know I'm late to the Polaris party but am having a great time now that I'm here.

Click avatar for tech links/info, donation request K447's Avatar
    +1
    Always glad to hear from enthusiastic members, new or not so new!

I happen to have an entire SL900 engine here that I do not need. Let me know if you are interested in a possible purchase. Zero hour crank rebuilt by Jay/Sharps Marine. About two hours on the cylinders and pistons.

I also have virtually everything that bolts to the 900 engine from stator and flywheel to carburetors. Even the original CDI, all in working condition when the engine last ran. A shaft seal was torn during the original zero hour install and the result was a failed rear bearing at about two hours run time. Crank rebuild ensued.
    Last edited by K447; 09-10-2014 at 04:20 PM.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by onedollar View Post
    Hello Green Hulksters, I'm still fairly new to Polaris PWC's but I am having a lot of fun. I have a '94 SL-750 and a '96 SL-900. Parts are in the garage for a 780 and 1050 conversion respectively, definitely have some work to do this winter. Everyone here has been very friendly and willing to help, I know I'm late to the Polaris party but am having a great time now that I'm here.
    Welcome aboard. Pull up a chair and grab a cold one. Never too late for the Polaris party... the "Come On In" neon stays lit 24/7.

+1
    Welcome! Although I just got rid of my 02 Virage, I've still got an MSX(sort of ) and love it. I really like Polaris's styling on their skis.

The collection of polaris knowledge here is amazing. Welcome to the sickness!!!

+1
    pm sent

+1
    pm sent

Quote Originally Posted by K447 View Post

I happen to have an entire SL900 engine here that I do not need. Let me know if you are interested in a possible purchase. Zero hour crank rebuilt by Jay/Sharps Marine. About two hours on the cylinders and pistons.

I also have virtually everything that bolts to the 900 engine from stator and flywheel to carburetors. Even the original CDI, all in working condition when the engine last ran. A shaft seal was torn during the original zero hour install and the result was a failed rear bearing at about two hours run time. Crank rebuild ensued.

Click avatar for tech links/info, donation request K447's Avatar
    +1
    Email sent
    Quote Originally Posted by onedollar View Post
    pm sent

Quote Originally Posted by K447 View Post

+1
    What is the attraction to these old skis? I just picked up another 96 SL-900 for parts (no title, super ugly, but 1050cc engine, Hot Seat WB, R&D grate, stainless pump stator, working MFD, ignition, and more!), and if it is still available, I'm going to look at another SLTX next week. The whole Polaris experience is right in my wheelhouse. I love the scavenger hunt for parts as well as being able to see value where others do not. (Not saying the value is real, I'm just saying its there for me.) Anyhoo, by next summer I will have three really nice, reliable, well-optioned, fast skis for a very reasonable level of expense and time. Polaris definitely isn't for everyone anymore, but with the help of this forum and its members, I am just having a blast. Thanks again to everyone who has helped, K447, BlueFishCrisis, and the member who sold me the 780 throttle cable I needed (I'm sorry, I've lost track of your forum name) especially.

Thread Information