Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    +1

A few GPRXP questions

Running a stock seadoo 215 motor with a x charger, xs intercooler, 42 lb injectors, riva springs with lightened valves. That's the only thing done to the motor. Seadoo pump as well.
    My question is why would I need to run a fuel regulator on this setup as it is bone stock. I do have the walboro fuel pump and a riva fuel regulator. If I run it at 58 psi static, why do I need the riva setup? I don't plan on modding my ski, its staying "stock". SO I figured the stock fuel pump (I am still going to run the walboro fuel pump) and stock regulator which runs at 58 psi would work just as good.
    Or am I missing something?
    Also, does a fuel regulator need to be set a certain way? As the riva one I have to me looks upside down installed on my ski. The fuel gauge is pointing towards the ground. I wouldn't think it mattered, but I am unsure. Reason I ask is because my Riva regulator says its at 58 psi and right after it I have another fuel gauge which reads 80 lbs.
    Thanks,

+1
    Seems like you have a 255 engine lol not a 215 anymore...
    Anyways to answer your question you don't need to run a regulator with that setup.
    If you want to be picky get an X Ecu..

cheatin' piston popper addicted's Avatar
    +1
    Pretty much my setup. Sounds like your regulator is not working right. On my ski I needed the regulator running rising rate to lean out the low and mid range so it would run decently. How do your afr's look?

+1
    you should be just fine with the 42s. ride more worry less

5. +1 by:

+1
    Why have 2 fuel guages.. the riva should be fine! upside down or not.. rolll with it... they have been proven to be accurate. 42s and external intercooler have been proven to be reliable set up also.. what rpm do you turn?

+1
    2 fuel gauges just to test if the riva regulator fuel gauge was working appropriately. I just cant see how I used the same fuel gauge on my 04 gtx, got the correct psi, then put it after the riva one and got a different reading on both. The riva read 58, the other read 80 lbs (on my gprxp). Reason I did that is that I started loosing rpms slowly at first, then it just kept dropping. I thought I checked everything and the last thing to check was fuel pressure.
    So running the stock fuel pump and regulator will be fine on the stock "255" setup with the 42 lb injectors and the intercooler?
    Mike, I agree using the rising rate helped with the low end, but my ski ran rich all the time. Unsure on the afrs as its not reliable sensor I have in there right now, just got a new one.
    SHOOTER

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by shooter98xpl View Post
    2 fuel gauges just to test if the riva regulator fuel gauge was working appropriately. I just cant see how I used the same fuel gauge on my 04 gtx, got the correct psi, then put it after the riva one and got a different reading on both. The riva read 58, the other read 80 lbs (on my gprxp). Reason I did that is that I started loosing rpms slowly at first, then it just kept dropping. I thought I checked everything and the last thing to check was fuel pressure.
    So running the stock fuel pump and regulator will be fine on the stock "255" setup with the 42 lb injectors and the intercooler?
    Mike, I agree using the rising rate helped with the low end, but my ski ran rich all the time. Unsure on the afrs as its not reliable sensor I have in there right now, just got a new one.
    SHOOTER
    been running this set up for a year on the belle with no issues

+1
    but an afr ghauge is your friend

+1
    Good to know Joe. I have an AFR gauge, but my o2 sensor not working. Just got a new one. I haven't really ridden the ski that much in the last 2 years. But think I am going to switch it over to the stock fuel pump and regulator and let it rip.
    I never ran the ski without the riva fuel regulator, how rich is it at low and mid range with the stock fuel pump and regulator? Is it bad or what should I expect?
    Thanks.

+1
    Good call guys. I ran the ski with the stock regulator. Fuel pressure was constant 60 psi. Afrs at idle 10.2 to 10.3, mid range 11.4 to 11.6 and top end 12.3.
    Full tank of gas it ran 82 ti 82.5. Between a 1/4 and a 1/2 tank, it ran 84 ti 84.5 mph. Not bad for just a stock setup.
    Thanks for the advice. The riva fuel gauge was the culprit. Gonna install another and sell it off.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information