2006 rxp random beeps while riding

Sorry I don't have much more information. My machine just started randomly beeping every time I go out riding. It doesn't send me any codes or anything. Just 1 quick beep. Has anyone else had this problem. This started after installing 127 charger and 42lbs injectors. Don't know if that has anything to do with it. Thanks in advance.

+1
    how is your oil level on the stick?

100% identical happening to me too. I started a thread, but only found one other experiencing it. My started just 1 beep (almost a squeek, but definately a beep) every forth or fifth ride out, so vary rare. Then it became every ride out, still just once. Now it does it on demand. For me it's when I get rough and start slamming the hull off small breakers. So mine is attatched to quite hard sudden shocks. For me, with suspension, I assumed it was a squeek from the suspension somewhere. But I have concentrated and it's definately a beep. I have had DESS post off, different key, gauge cluster out plus all connections open and dielectric greased and finally..............

It STILL does it - aaaaarrrggghhh.

My theory is the low fuel sensor gets shocked from the big bumps, just momentarily, and starts to trigger low fuel, but nothing to do with having low fuel. Just a sensitive / faulty sender - sensor.

Just replaced my fuel pump (only cause it failed) and noticed the whole fuel pump in tank assembly was 10 degrees out of alignment. Maybe not the problem, but now 100% correct so will update once I ride again.

The shop manual says if alignment is not correct it will affect the fuel level reading, so sounds like a possible cause.

It's the alignment of two tiny arrows moulded into the black plastic cap on the fuel pump assembly, against a small arrow/raised line moulded into the top of the fuel tank. Take a look at yours. You can see it without removing anything. Here's a photo of mine, but it's not possible to see the marks on the photo. They are at 11:00 on the clockface, with 12:00 being directly towards the bow / front. It's NOT the painted white line, mine is an inch further round from this.

Please update.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	38 
Size:	78.1 KB 
ID:	341450  

Quote Originally Posted by jim View Post
    how is your oil level on the stick?
    the oil level is a little high but not past the full line

Quote Originally Posted by tornado34 View Post
    100% identical happening to me too. I started a thread, but only found one other experiencing it. My started just 1 beep (almost a squeek, but definately a beep) every forth or fifth ride out, so vary rare. Then it became every ride out, still just once. Now it does it on demand. For me it's when I get rough and start slamming the hull off small breakers. So mine is attatched to quite hard sudden shocks. For me, with suspension, I assumed it was a squeek from the suspension somewhere. But I have concentrated and it's definately a beep. I have had DESS post off, different key, gauge cluster out plus all connections open and dielectric greased and finally..............

It STILL does it - aaaaarrrggghhh.

My theory is the low fuel sensor gets shocked from the big bumps, just momentarily, and starts to trigger low fuel, but nothing to do with having low fuel. Just a sensitive / faulty sender - sensor.

Just replaced my fuel pump (only cause it failed) and noticed the whole fuel pump in tank assembly was 10 degrees out of alignment. Maybe not the problem, but now 100% correct so will update once I ride again.

The shop manual says if alignment is not correct it will affect the fuel level reading, so sounds like a possible cause.

It's the alignment of two tiny arrows moulded into the black plastic cap on the fuel pump assembly, against a small arrow/raised line moulded into the top of the fuel tank. Take a look at yours. You can see it without removing anything. Here's a photo of mine, but it's not possible to see the marks on the photo. They are at 11:00 on the clockface, with 12:00 being directly towards the bow / front. It's NOT the painted white line, mine is an inch further round from this.

Please update.

Yeah that sounds identical to mine. First time it beeped it was so quick I wasn't sure what it was. Was out last night and it beeped but this time was a longer beep. Mine seems to do it around 60mph on the dash so I don't know the real speed. Mine will do it even in calm water. I'll take a look at fuel sensors tonight after work. Thanks for the info I'll let you know tonight.

Thread Information