Pls Hlp..Riva Rear Air Intake?

I was installing the riva 4" rear air intake today. Everything was going fine until I went to put the adapter on the SC. I don't have a press so while applying all the pressure I could the adapter/SC popped in. Yeah!! Not!! The adapter cracked. Fu*K!! Now what? The SC is fully seated but it cracked where the Power Filter tube goes on. Now, my thinking is that the power tube goes over the new crack and then the coupler goes over that, so would it harm anything to go ahead and complete the install? Or is there a chance it could break more and then suck something through the SC? Any advice would really help. I can't believe this happened.

+1
    Did it crack into two pieces or just split in one spot? If just in one spot and since it goes on over the sc inlet and then the intake horn goes on over that i think it will be fine once clamped down.

No, it just split on one side. It is still on there really tight. It will spin if I turn it but I would have to break it more to get it off. I was thinking the same thing as far as everything going over it and then being clamped. Just wanted some more inputs. Thanks for the input Jerry.

Mine did the same thing and I had a press.. I am going on and running mine though because once the sleeve clamp was around it the seal was so tight that I couldn't even get my fingernail into that crack.. It really shouldn't be a problem seings its just air going in there and not under a lot of pressure...

+1

Thumbs up

You`ll be fine with a clamp. These rear intakes rock! I highly advise if you only run flat water to not install the screen! It does rob power believe it or not. I completely sumberge mine on impact of water from jumping so its gotta stay. This rear intake kicks asss.

the instructions said 2 put windex on the intake before install so i did push it on by hand it was pretty snug but mine didnt crack

Thread Information