Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Rxp 255 x vs GP1200R or 1300

I imagine how the RXP behaves since I have a 97 xp and a 2005 RXT - but why is it a few of the GP ads I see state 84mph - is that real? I m planning an upgrade to my xp - is that an option I should consider?

Thx!

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by dcurbet View Post
    I imagine how the RXP behaves since I have a 97 xp and a 2005 RXT - but why is it a few of the GP ads I see state 84mph - is that real? I m planning an upgrade to my xp - is that an option I should consider?

Thx!
    Lots, and lots, and lots, and lots, and lots of mods to get a GPR to 84 mph. More than likely in most cases BS.
    Unless they are conversions.

That's what I thought! So my RXT is plenty fast but obviously long and heavy. The XP is nimble but a little low on power.

Is the RXP the solution I am looking for or is there something else I should look at?

The other ski I was considering is the 951 version of the xp (2003 di) but of course the gp ads claim 'the fastest 2 stroke' so I thought I would ask!

+1
    Is the RXP the solution I am looking for or is there something else I should look at?
    A lot of questions. What type of water do you ride in? How fast do you want to go? You want new or used? Are you going to leave it stock or mod it?

Quote Originally Posted by troyheb View Post
    A lot of questions. What type of water do you ride in? How fast do you want to go? You want new or used? Are you going to leave it stock or mod it?
    True, many variables here. I won't be modding. Water is mostly calm, river and lake. Once or twice a year I ll get out to the ocean but waves there are usually too big to enjoy. 65 is plenty fast. Strong hole shot is more important. Can wrench on stuff, have rebuilt a couple of skis but find myself with no time to do it lately with a new house, projects are galore. I think used is the way I can afford to go.
    Whats the verdict?

+1
    Ok? Like I said. Lots of mods to get over 85 on a non conversion GPR.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by troyheb View Post
    True, many variables here. I won't be modding. Water is mostly calm, river and lake. Once or twice a year I ll get out to the ocean but waves there are usually too big to enjoy. 65 is plenty fast. Strong hole shot is more important. Can wrench on stuff, have rebuilt a couple of skis but find myself with no time to do it lately with a new house, projects are galore. I think used is the way I can afford to go.
    Whats the verdict?
    I would try and find a nice used RXP. I think you would be happy.

Looks like a GP with a seadoo (iPad autocorrected to seafood ) motor is the winning combination!
    Yamadoo!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information