To drill relief holes or not to drill

I have read through the threads from 2008-2009 concerning bucking and over stuffing issues on the 2008 RXP-X. I have one with a fizzle, 15/22 impeller, a worx grate and the stock nozzle, and a pump wedge that runs 72-73 with no issues. However, I am doing some mods this weekend and expect to get in the 75 mph range. For those of you that have experience, should I drill holes in the grate/pump shoe to prevent over stuffing? I can't find any recent posts on this and want to make sure that the direction/ advice has not changed. I don't want to get tossed at 75, but I also am not excited about drilling holes in my boat.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by grantmt View Post
    I have read through the threads from 2008-2009 concerning bucking and over stuffing issues on the 2008 RXP-X. I have one with a fizzle, 15/22 impeller, a worx grate and the stock nozzle, and a pump wedge that runs 72-73 with no issues. However, I am doing some mods this weekend and expect to get in the 75 mph range. For those of you that have experience, should I drill holes in the grate/pump shoe to prevent over stuffing? I can't find any recent posts on this and want to make sure that the direction/ advice has not changed. I don't want to get tossed at 75, but I also am not excited about drilling holes in my boat.
    You are ok at those speeds with a stock rxpx nozzle. You don't need any holes.

3. +1 by:

+1
    No need for drilling the holes at those speeds, with that grate look out if you ever plan on running at 78 or faster when chopping the throttle.

5. +1 by:

Thread Information