+1

Reverse kit for SL style hulls

I have seen references to a kit to install reverse on a SL hull (I have a '94 750 and a '96 900) but cannot find any real detail on it at all. Can anyone tell me for sure if such a kit ever really existed or can anyone tell me in some detail how reverse might be added to a SL. My 750 has been updated with the extended pump. Not sure if I'm going to do this or not, but step one is to find out whether it can be done. Thank you very much for your time.

Banned User
    +1
    It absolutely can be done. Polaris sold a reverse kit for the SL 900 that would fit the SL 750 if it has the extended pump. I have trim with reverse on my X 45, which is the same setup that would be used on a SL except for the cable.

+1
    I really appreciate the quick reply, but I'm hoping someone out there can help with a little more detail than yes, it can be done. Do you (or anyone else for that matter) have details of the original kit, or even better, have pictures of an extended pump SL hull with reverse added? Thank you very much for your time.

Quote Originally Posted by BryanP View Post
    It absolutely can be done. Polaris sold a reverse kit for the SL 900 that would fit the SL 750 if it has the extended pump. I have trim with reverse on my X 45, which is the same setup that would be used on a SL except for the cable.

+1
    Saw some pictures in the gallery section, big thanks to the GH community for all the help.

Quote Originally Posted by onedollar View Post
    I really appreciate the quick reply, but I'm hoping someone out there can help with a little more detail than yes, it can be done. Do you (or anyone else for that matter) have details of the original kit, or even better, have pictures of an extended pump SL hull with reverse added? Thank you very much for your time.

Quote Originally Posted by BryanP View Post

Thread Information