Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    +1

Just venting to anyone who doesnt how a clue how to drive a boat

Next person to risk my life out on the water is getting hosed down. North Barnegat bay is unbelievable on the weekends. Was idling next to a guy near a ramp, we made eye contact and he literally turned 90 degrees and went for me. I had to go out of my way to avoid being run over. WE WERE BOTH IDLING! WTF! All summer long everyone thinks they have the right of way. One good thing about a jetski is the enormous amounts of water coming out of the back.

+1
    Weekend worriers. Except, its local summer right now......

Girls just wanna have fun! awarrick's Avatar
    +1

Red face

About 15 years ago, I had an old 2 stroke Kawi. I was alone on a Friday cruising the lake. I was going down a large, straight part of the lake going around 45-50. The lake was glass and of course, you can't hear squat. Just then, some nut in a 30ft speed boat went by me on my left. Passed me and just as fast as you can say, "oh crap", he cut a right turn right in front of me and stopped. I literally missed his dual props by about a foot! I looked up and he was laughing! I almost crashed into his stern and he's laughing? He took off quickly. I was so scared and so shook up, I sat there, shaking and had a good cry. When I felt I could go on, I motored over to the closest marina and called the local police who patrol the lake. I still ride that lake. Never saw that guy again but I won't ever forget his face or that boat. I just assume now that everyone is out to run over pwc's and I am always looking around while riding because no one is going to fly up behind me like that again!

4. +1 by:

GGG

+1
    First gut to get my jet to the face wont be laughing. The XP will shoot a stream 10 feet in the air

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by GGG View Post
    First gut to get my jet to the face wont be laughing. The XP will shoot a stream 10 feet in the air
    Yup. Felt that last week....

+1
    I something different happen ... for a change, I was out on my pontoon boat heading into my own dock while watching another pontoon boat starting to pass by me as he approached ... Just then a rather large (fat), woman on a jet ski out of no where ,just go screaming between the two of us. The other boater & I were totally surprised & pissed. The worst case of jet ski disregard I have ever experienced. nThose type of week-end riders really give us a bad name

+1
    I was driving the msx once and a lady had her kid ( maybe 10 years old) driving. He was aiming right for me with a smile on his face and she just let it happen. I was dumb founded

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by GGG View Post
    Next person to risk my life out on the water is getting hosed down. North Barnegat bay is unbelievable on the weekends. Was idling next to a guy near a ramp, we made eye contact and he literally turned 90 degrees and went for me. I had to go out of my way to avoid being run over. WE WERE BOTH IDLING! WTF! All summer long everyone thinks they have the right of way. One good thing about a jetski is the enormous amounts of water coming out of the back.
    The guy was a dick and should have been reported to your local authorities or who's ever in charge at your launch Immediately !!but in defense of "most" boaters no matter what they think of us jetskiers ,They are quite nervous launching a big boat worrying what might go wrong not being embarrassed in front of others if things don't go right like getting it off the trailer ,mooring,won't start etc,seen a few mishaps over the yrs and all the things that being on water can create especially especially the cost to run these big Sea rays etc

Hey I'm not given that guy a pass that aimed for you,he should lose his boat lic,but notice until their either on the water fishing or cruising or back on land they seem quite stressed out,those type should just sell the boat..

10. +1 by:

+1
    Trust me. He didn't have a clue as to what he was doing. I saw him launch and we both came back to the ramp at the same time but boats do have neutral and not trying to ruin someone over goes beyond common sense. On a lighter note, you need some good entertainment, hang out at the ramp especially when people are pulling out before a storm

12. +1 by:

Banned User
    +1
    I saw someone drop their boat off the trailer pulling it out of the water not too long ago.

14. +1 by:

GGG

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information