+1

First time owner-Gold Coast QLD

Hi all,

First time poster and ski owner. I've been living on the Gold Coast, QLD, for 4 years and decided it was time to enjoy the beautiful weather on the water! A friend and I decided to buy 2 Sparks in April and they turned up in August. I went for the 2UP HO Pineapple.

Took it out to The Spit for the first time yesterday and I was blown away how much fun it was. As a novice I'm still exploring what I can do and not do and I did manage to fall off whilst landing a jump from a wave! Thought the ski was pitching too high and had too much weight at the back and so I bailed. Wasn't too bad getting back on either.

My legs and bum feel like I've done some ridiculous workout and I can barely sit down! It hurts but it's funny.

Anyway, I'll be back out on the water next weekend, saw a few sparks out there, wondering if they are members on here?

+1
    There a couple of spark owners from the coast on here mate. Xdrian is one of them. I occasionally head down there as well. God to hear your liking the spark, it is definitely plenty of fun in the surf!

+1
    Glad you liked it its great fun machine we are our every Saturday around 9am from the seaworld ramp a couple kms north of seaway.

Your are welcome to join us any time I have a 2 up licorice colour

Quote Originally Posted by Flipfloptrader View Post
    Hi all,

First time poster and ski owner. I've been living on the Gold Coast, QLD, for 4 years and decided it was time to enjoy the beautiful weather on the water! A friend and I decided to buy 2 Sparks in April and they turned up in August. I went for the 2UP HO Pineapple.

Took it out to The Spit for the first time yesterday and I was blown away how much fun it was. As a novice I'm still exploring what I can do and not do and I did manage to fall off whilst landing a jump from a wave! Thought the ski was pitching too high and had too much weight at the back and so I bailed. Wasn't too bad getting back on either.

My legs and bum feel like I've done some ridiculous workout and I can barely sit down! It hurts but it's funny.

Anyway, I'll be back out on the water next weekend, saw a few sparks out there, wondering if they are members on here?

+1
    Enjoy the kick ass surf at Surfers ...

Welcome, I can understand you, all my bones were hurting after riding the whole day on Saturday and falling off now is the best part (in case you need to cool off)

+1
    Thanks for the welcome, guys.

Heading out this Sunday to the Seaway and around the area.

+1
    Have fun if you are new to jetski take it easy as the spark has a lot of potential than the rider has, I am still going 70% at waves.
    If you try waves about 1m high and before it breaks you can't get into to much trouble.

Hit the waves at 90 degrees, eg face on if not make a call early to go or turn and run you can always pick another wave than flip upside down.

We will be out Saturday if you change your mind.

Quote Originally Posted by Flipfloptrader View Post
    Thanks for the welcome, guys.

Heading out this Sunday to the Seaway and around the area.

Thread Information