+1

NA Cams out of a VXR

Hello, I'm looking for a set of NA cams out of a VXR to install into my 2012 FX SHO to get a little more while still utilizing the stock valve train. Not sure what year are the best or if they are all the same. I see there is a new part number for 2013 and older VXR's with the 2014 part number being the same as it was since 2011. Not sure what that is all about. I had a set of RC2's in my FZR that worked well but looking for the less expensive route this time for my rec ski. Not looking to set the world on fire, just looking for a little more low and midrange hit to help pull a 160mm prop. I am also open to a set of R&D RC1 or RC2's if the price is right. Cams need to be in near perfect shape otherwise I will buy new. I am also open to other brands such as web cams depending on the specs but I'm really looking for something I can utilize stock valve train unless the cams you have come as a package deal with needed valve train components for the right price. Let me know what you have. I am also looking for a set of adjustable cam gears. Preferably the R&D gears as I have experience with them and I am familiar with their timing characteristics. Thanks guys!!

Tune run these, you would need a custom tune to take advantage of them correct?

+1
    I have an ecu already setup to run cams so just need the cams. I'm ok with buying new but just wanted to put it out there is case someone has a set they are willing to part with. I saw a good set of NA's go for $350 for both in early July but wasn't thinking about that back then. Hoping I can find a similar deal at some point lol.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by jetpilot785 View Post
    I have an ecu already setup to run cams so just need the cams. I'm ok with buying new but just wanted to put it out there is case someone has a set they are willing to part with. I saw a good set of NA's go for $350 for both in early July but wasn't thinking about that back then. Hoping I can find a similar deal at some point lol.
    I was told the vxr ones are similar or the same as them Riva ones. Correct me of if I am wrong.

+1
    I was told by several sources that have compared the 2 that the VXR and Riva cam profiles are basically the same.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by jetpilot785 View Post
    I was told by several sources that have compared the 2 that the VXR and Riva cam profiles are basically the same.
    I thought so. So either will work fine for you?

+1
    I would be fine with riva cams as long as they are in great shape.

8. +1 by:

Thread Information