Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

+1

First time buyer looking for advice

I'm a new member but have been a lurker for about a month. Been looking at which ski to pickup and I called a few local dealers today trying to get in on some of the last 14 models. Torn between RXP-X and RXT-X. Both are new, the T-X is 14,3xx out the door with the new 4 year warranty that just came out. The P-X is a grand less but waiting on a new seat cover as dealer said "it had a crack". I wouldn't mind the 3 seater as towing family around would be a plus but not a necessity really just trying to find the best deal. None include a trailer, just setup/freight/bs fee's. P-X dealer is Cycle springs and other is Barney's.

How do the prices look? Any opinions on these two dealers? I'm in Tampa Bay, FL.

+1
    I would go with the px if its a grand less, you can get yourself a decent trailer with that

+1
    Personal preference. Check with your state laws because in NY you cannot legally tow with a two seater.

I'm at 121+ hours ,and it's been great so far. I had no major issues or problems. I am still on stock supercharger (no rebuilt yet)! My ski has Stage 1 upgrade on it! I had a little steering is off by dealer fixed it for free. I think 2014 they improve the intercooler because I am at 121hrs with no leaks! (Stock) I have been changing oil, filter, and spark plugs every 25hrs. I was worried about buying a Seadoo because of all the excessive electronics as well as the Super charger but I finally took the risk and haven't regretted it yet. Love it so far. I used to own 2009 Yamaha FXSHO but its little slow and boring! Seadoo holeshot is better and turns harder. iBR is the best feature on it for safety and easier to dock! Seadoo Rules! Good Luck on your purchase!

+1
    Thanks for all the responses. Right now the px has a deposit from another buyer. They have another one but at a higher price, 13k+ fee's so we're probably looking at the same out the door figures. I've ridden in px's that were a few years old and it was fun. This year I had the chance to ride the 14 RXT. Is there a significant difference on the handling of x package? I'm pretty undecided as to which ski to get, haven't had the chance to ride on a new px to compare the differences. Can the t-x be as fun as the p-x? Handling and turning wise? I wouldn't be doing too much if any wave jumping.

+1
    Handling is different due to the shorter Hull of the RXP. RXP has trim. Not sure if the new RXT has it, but mine doesn't. Both have good speed and perform well. I will say though that the RXP is definately a wetter ride. I prefer the RXT, but then I am older that 50 and the ride in rougher water suits me better. As far as price, I cant help. New machines are stupid expensive. End of year, I would hope smaller dealers would want to recover thier outlay though.

+1
    Rxt-x it is! Will be picking it up tomorrow morning with a new trailer. Overall pretty happy, around 15k otd with continental trailer and 4 year extended warranty. Was looking into a used one but by the time I register and upgrade it I would be near the cost od a new one. They had 2 t-x's on display and sales guy looked and there was one brand new in sealed crate. They will be getting it ready today. I will be doing a good inspection prior to signing papers, anything out of the ordinary that I should look for?

+1
    You will not be disappointed, I LOVE My 13 RXT-X.

+1
    Awesome and congrats!

+1
    Picked her up today! Hoping sunday will be a decent day so i can start the breakin process Will make a seperate thread as i have a bunch of questions lol.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information