+1

Quick help.. '06 RXT wont start

Just put the motor back in my '06 RXT , (complete overhaul) and it wont start. It turns over fine but not getting any spark or fuel injector pulse. When it is cranking, I hear a long beep and 'check eng' is displayed on the cluster along with a flashing engine light icon. I have triple checked all the fuses and every sensor is plugged in. I know I am getting an RPM signal because the tach is reading @ 300 RPMs when its cranking. Any thoughts on what to check?

+1
    Are you sure you didn't miss a connector ?

There is a 4 pin connector at the front of the intake manifold that I missed when I put a previous RXP together and it threw codes and wouldn't start. The connector was hidden under the main wiring harness hard to see until I went looking for it.

+1
    Any codes displayed while beeping?

Is it the Same ECU, & dash cluster it ran with last time running?

+1
    I was just looking over the service manual and ran across that MATS sensor you are referring to. I remember connecting every connector vividly,.... except that one. lol. Have to wait until morning to check it though.. According to the book, only 4 sensors are used for starting: CPS - Crank sensor, MATS - Manifold Air Temp Sensor, MAPS - Manifold Air Pressure Sensor and TPS- Throttle position Sensor. I am positive the other three are connected and good so hopefully it will be easy as that one left off.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by psycho rxp View Post
    Any codes displayed while beeping?

Is it the Same ECU it ran with last time running?
    Yes, same ECU and i cant read codes. its on '06, but the check engine light is on.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by rattlsnak View Post
    I was just looking over the service manual and ran across that MATS sensor you are referring to. I remember connecting every connector vividly,.... except that one. lol. Have to wait until morning to check it though.. According to the book, only 4 sensors are used for starting: CPS - Crank sensor, MATS - Manifold Air Temp Sensor, MAPS - Manifold Air Pressure Sensor and TPS- Throttle position Sensor. I am positive the other three are connected and good so hopefully it will be easy as that one left off.
    You also have to fire the coils and injectors trace the wiring back and make sure a connector was not missed.

Mine was the connector for the coils so no spark and P0351, P0352 and P0353 which are the coil codes.

Kiwi spanner handler
    +1
    make sure the throttle is returning all the way to the stopper as if the tps doesnt read 0 they wont start I cant remember if they flash the light etc for this but have been caught out before with one where the throttle was slightly rusted and not fully returning

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by canuck View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by rattlsnak View Post
    You also have to fire the coils and injectors trace the wiring back and make sure a connector was not missed.

Mine was the connector for the coils so no spark and P0351, P0352 and P0353 which are the coil codes.
    Winner!! I can't believe I left that same connector off. Plugged in it and she cranked right up!

+1
    Glad you found the problem. That connector is nicely hidden under the wiring harness and easy to miss.

hello
    im new on here if anyone can point me in the right direction

i have a rxt 215 2006
    will turn over fine
    getting a good spark , but im not getting any fuel out of the injectors at all?
    i can here the fuel pump and if i put a feed to the injectors they all spray ?

any ides would b great

thanks

Thread Information