PWC Noob! FZR SHO

Hey guys,
    I am new here and this is my first post.
    I have been wanting to get a Yamaha jet boat for a few years and was looking to pull the trigger this year but, low stock and no great deals have left me on the sideline empty handed. Also I am thinking I should just wait for the new model change which is 1-2 years out. So that has led me to the PWC search. I have a family and want to get a boat in a few years, but I have the need for speed now and must get a PWC ASAP.

I used to think they were way to big and over priced for what they are and I do think some still are, but I am looking at a 2013 FZR and FZS and they seam to be a reasonable compromise.

I am just wondering if these are good PWCs to own or if a 2014 engine change is that much better?

Hi Tyler

The FZR and FRS are basically the same ski, ones a two seater and the other a 3 seater. Yes, all the Yamaha's are great Ski's but some maybe more suited to you then others, what sort or riding do you think you will be doing and what are the conditions.
    Example: I ride mostly lakes and rivers with the family and like the fuel enconomy of the FX HO for this.
    I have a FX SHO which has a bit more get up and go but the extra power is not needed for towing skiers or tubes, just users more gas.

Regards

Dave

I'm looking to do a lot of bay riding, mostly by myself.
    I don't think I will be able to tow anyone just because you need a person to sit backwards on the ski to watch, and who want's to do that?
    I do really prefer the styling of the FXR/S.

+1
    We own a 13 FZS (wife's) and I 14 FZR. The 14s are superior in performance and handling. If you can swing a 14 FZR or S go for it. For what you get with a 14 over a 13 you'll thank us for talking you into it.

YAMAHA POWAAAA !!!!! 1_Fast_SHO's Avatar
    +1
    Or wait a month for the 15 lighter and new colors. Probably good promotions as well

Yeah, I have been going back and fourth.
    I like the older style with smooth lines. I can't help but think a lot of the new models look like transformers from the front with the hard lines, and all the chrome is off putting.

I would like to get a 14 but the 13 is about 2k less right now. Next the 14s are mostly black. I think it is too much black for a water ski. Don't get me wrong, I like black, just not covering the entire craft.

It seems to be a tough choice, in that, you may want one model but like the color scheme of another.

+1
    The lines on the 15s are the same as a few years back.

+1
    The Fzr/s looks the same since introduced in 09. Just different color choices. The fx line changed in 12 I believe.

YAMAHA POWAAAA !!!!! 1_Fast_SHO's Avatar
    +1
    You want the 14 model. Comes with lots of upgrades.

Thread Information