Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

which intercooler?

my next step in modifying my fzr is an intercooler. is anyone of these better than the other? im looking at the riva, the r&d and the fizzle. I am leaning towards the riva, just from past experiences and they have great customer support. ive recently contacted r&d twice and was very disappointed with theirs.

+1
    I upgraded my SHO to an SVHO intercooler but my next unit will be Fizzle (next Spring).

Fizzle best for the money and ease of installation..

+1
    If you have any questions please let me know. I check the forum every day. Email is best or you can PM me on here or Facebook (Fiz Zle). There are 3 options for the Fizzle Y1000 Intercooler Kit and they are all listed in the store. The only difference between the options is the blow off valve (priced accordingly). I have each version of the kit in stock and ready to ship.

FIZZLE Y1000 Intercooler for Yamaha Skis Includes Genuine HKS BOV

The kit comes with the Y1000 intercooler, bracket setup, brass fittings for water inlet/outlet, custom formed intercooler to throttle body silicone...
    Y1000 w/ Genuine HKS BOV $1,049.00

FIZZLE Y1000 Intercooler for Yamaha Skis with HKS copy BOV

The kit comes with the Y1000 intercooler, bracket setup, brass fittings for water inlet/outlet, custom formed intercooler to throttle body silicone...
    Y100 HKS copy $849.00

FIZZLE Y1000 Intercooler for Yamaha Skis - No blow off valve included

Fizz Y1000 no BOV $799.00

Thanks,

James

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by fallsjetski View Post
    my next step in modifying my fzr is an intercooler. is anyone of these better than the other? im looking at the riva, the r&d and the fizzle. I am leaning towards the riva, just from past experiences and they have great customer support. ive recently contacted r&d twice and was very disappointed with theirs.
    I just tested the Fizzle. Look for my thread. Easy install. That and re-flash were best bang for buck yet. You wont be disappointed

6. +1 by:

which reflash?

+1
    I had the R2 for the test. That and fizzle with put you on the 8500 limiter

I was just looking at the r&d page. with their kits for the 2014, they don't list changing the intercooler. I know that there were many changes to the 2014 fzr svho. im wondering now if it is even necessary to change, maybe Yamaha already upgraded. I went to a parts list and it is a different part number that the 2013

+1
    The stock intercooler does not do the greatest job as it is. When you add heat by increasing boost (removing limiters/ECU reflash) it only gets worse. It really becomes a necessity to put a better intercooler on in order to keep the engine from wearing down at a faster rate.

I was just looking at the r&d page. with their kits for the 2014, they don't list changing the intercooler. I know that there were many changes to the 2014 fzr svho. im wondering now if it is even necessary to change, maybe Yamaha already upgraded. I went to a parts list and it is a different part number that the 2013

+1
    The intercooler upgrade is a night and day difference. Should be a requirement with a reflash honestly. Don't try to talk yourself out of it, I did and now I'm looking back kicking my own ass that I didn't do earlier. You can thank us later

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information